All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

Limerick are ringing around everywhere looking for venues to host a socially distant celebration party I’ve been reliably informed. They’re not taking Waterford seriously at all

Mate, if you are ever really are stuck for a Ticket you can rely on me. I won’t let you down. :+1:

All the best this weekend.

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I’ve forwarded this message to a fella I know on the panel, he has told me they’ll be pinning it on the virtual dressing room wall on Sunday

Relax kid. Shur John Mullane is on the piss already

It’s the suits all over again

:rollseyes:

:joy:

:joy:

Those two are well matched.

My information is that Limerick aren’t taking Waterford lightly and just wanted to book a hotel for a meal for the squad, management team and assorted county board hangers on for when they arrive home on Sunday night.

They had a couple of places provisionally booked, but they came under pressure from Croke Park after a HSE intervention to pull the plug on it.

Reasoning being that any kind of squad gathering in a hotel/restaurant setting would likely result in crowds flocking to the venue, whether they win or lose.

When you consider their fans spent a month in 2018 traversing across the county to “see the cup” and hear the same speeches every single night then it’s possibly a prudent course of action in a pandemic.

In summary, Limerick’s simpleton supporters are the barrier for their own team mingling with each other after the game.

7 Likes

They should book city west again. They can sleep in the empty hospital beds

I understand that Waterford have been working on a tactic of deliberately launching their own puck outs out of play as far into Limerick territory as possible and then setting up behind the ball to “defend the next phase”. Basically invite Limerick onto them in a scenario where they’ve had time to drop back en masse into defensive zones, look to dispossess them and hit them with running waves from broken play. O’Keeffe’s “touch finders” have apparently been excellent in training. They copied it from the Galway keeper doing it at the end of the Galway-Tipp game and feel it will take Limerick’s half back line out of the game to some degree. This game will be a tactical affair indeed.

They may as well wave the white flag

Can the Waterford poster pm-ing @Bandage this stuff please stop?

1 Like

Is it tonight when Liam Cahill and Fergal Horgan are sitting down to work out how they’ll approach it Sunday?

1 Like

It was much longer than a month mate.

They won’t look so smart when the Limerick backs line up along the two sidelines to stop the ball going out of play.

I see the Irish Times have a final preview tonight with Malachy Clerkin, Jackie Tyrrell, Micheál Donoghue and Sean Moran. Club Deise had one last night with Ken McGrath, Dan The Man, TJ Ryan and Brendan Cummins. Is there a Limerick organised one at all? I’ll ask @Rocko to set up a TFK one with @balbec, @Fagan_ODowd, @BruidheanChaorthainn, moderated by @ChairmanDan and @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy.

2 Likes

ot just let Darragh Donovan slash over the cuts