All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

I wouldn’t begrudge them it at all, but I still want us to win.

@Elvis_Brandenberg_Kr seems to very uncomfortable with the mantle of raging hot favouritism and the weight of expectation on Limerick.

Ah ya. I don’t think anyone could tbh. They’ve been through the mill.

Just not today

There’ll be some amount of new TV’s bought next week after everyone smashes theirs today when Marty starts his “wherever you are around the world” speech

8 Likes

Wrong yet again.

I’m perfectly comfortable and expect Limerick to win. I was simply pointing out that your posts, which tend to rely on statistics and whataboutery, are consistently inaccurate in reporting the facts.

3 Likes

“From Southhill to Shanghai”

1 Like

Well if Liam Sheedy is there today and he says itll be short run into Christmas for whoever wins it, I be outside D I D by half 5

3 Likes

Horgan and Cahill has a long conversation last night I’m told. “Don’t make it look too suspicious” was the mantra

What ‘inaccurate facts’ are you taking issue with?

Come on Limerick

5 Likes

Limerick did not beat Waterford by 19 points in 2018. The score was 2-26 to 1-16 - add that up.

Unfortunately, that may not suit the poor mouth narrative you’ve been trying to peddle since you took an interest in Waterford.

2 Likes

Waterford beat Limerick in 2007 Munster final and in 2009 Munster semi-final but I assume you’re not counting those as knock-out in this case?

It’s Limericks to lose but a lot of expectation on them which can weigh heavy. No fans so players won’t be playing the occasion which may help Waterford.

I’m not. Knock out is when there’s no comeback or no more chances for the loser. As I said, Limerick have won 7 of the last 8 knock out championship meetings since 1982.

Waterford would have been kicking themselves for not winning in 2001 and 2007. The tables have turned now though and I would tentatively say Limerick by 4 today. Liam Cahill is a genius though and who knows what he can eek out of that Waterford team.

Take a day off… I know your natural tan disposition is set to miserable, but you should embrace your Irish side and relax a little.

3 Likes

There is absolutely nothing to go in history wise with these two teams today. All you can go on is the league and Munster final. And even at that, I’m wagering that today will be a different game again. What these teams have in common is that they are young and the weight of history means nothing to them. They are out to make their own history.
Now excuse me, it’s time for my almost now traditional nervous breakdown on All Ireland day.

5 Likes

Waterford have grown game on game… Can we say the say about Limerick? You can argue that they are more the finished article but momentum is a huge thing. Limerick have almost fallen into each round and while digging out close wins is a great trait there’s only so many times you can do it. I hope to see Limerick throw off the shackles today and tear into Waterford.

tenor (25)

He’s a stones of an individual, a rale stook