All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

OK. Leave it to me

1 Like

Back to the game.

Limerick are an awesome squad and play as a team. They are a credit to Kiely & Kinnerick. Hard to find flaws in the makeup of them to be honest but there are definitely areas to attack & potentially exploit.

For all the talk of the HB line being a hard nut to crack, it is simple enough that you have to drop the notion of a sweeper and make Hannon play No6.
If WD can cut out the uncontested ball they get there then they have a chance to build a platform.
I think Cahill will look at how Cork seem to be able to upset LK in that area.

I truly believe if their FB line are taken on at pace there is a chance to cause big issues. Dan Morrissey has been untested all year so far for example.

Flip the coin and the LK midfield pairing have been awesome, itā€™s fair to say that Donoghue hasnā€™t got the plaudits he deserves for the way he has hurled all year.

The forward options are all top quality but as seen so far is there a real thirst for goals or the cutting edge now to take them?
They will be deserved favourites.

Waterford, theyā€™ve improved in every single game. Thatā€™s a really good sign IMO. Management have built them up brilliantly & I think theyā€™ll have no issues living with LK for 75mins. Their fitness seems to be top class.

Prunty & Co is the weak line but they havenā€™t folded to anyone yet.
HB & MF also doing okay although I fear for Moran if he keeps his place. Pace of game could be too much for him.

Ball winners up front in Gleeson, Bennett & Fagan has been the biggest improvement for them.
They can now go long with puck outs and contest & win that ball.

Inside Hutchinson looks the part but keeping him supplied is the only issue.
Waterford subs while not as plentiful experience wise as LKā€™s were the winning of the S/F.

Can they sort out the slow start v KK?
Will LK get goals?

Will we see a Hannon & TDB sweeper day out?

Limerick are favourites but we do have a final pairing that should produce a great game.
If Waterford click and Gleeson finds his real form itā€™s all up for grabs.

Head says LK of course but I really think WD management can bring them on another level to upset the favourites.

3 Likes

Straight Red in 2016

1 Like

Heā€™s hardly related to the Bruree Mullanes is he?

2014 no?

Jimmy Carroll and Joe Connolly together. Handbags.

Dry your eyes mate.

He wasnā€™t that kind of player.

We were outraged. Sure PJ Molloy dived into it. Went down like he was shot.

I have vague memories of that day as a 7 year old got an early mass and a gang of us off to
Dublin it was a nice day but ended up very low scoring at something like 1-8 to 11. Cregan missed a penalty I think. We were decimated with injuries and suspensions for the replay.

And the guards giving the limerick fans on the Hill a hiding. They went into an unoccupied section and got the shit beaten out of them.

1 Like

Amazing Sean foley was such a tough nut when heā€™s such a quiet type and a real gentleman nowadays. Youā€™d hear lads talk about donie Flynn And Sean foley with fear.

Itā€™s the quiet ones you need to watch.

2 Likes

Monty The new brick. Unbelievable engine and when he gets going very hard to stop. Also has eye for goal

1 Like

Iā€™m just checking with Boris that me driving to Manchester to check on @flattythehurdler is essential travel. Iā€™m sure it will be

1 Like

You can pretend you are just testing your eyesight

1 Like

Horgan is reffing the final

1 Like

Never give the final to a semi final ref do they?

Iā€™m only going by what Iā€™ve been told.

Best around

2 Likes