All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Doesn’t Lehane take frees?

Values :clap:
Traditions :clap::clap:

He does but with all due respect I’d take a Glen man taking them over a Midleton man every day of the week. I mean sure Kingston takes fecking frees as well, you wouldn’t let him near them either in that kind of situation.

People repeat the same word because people like you keep reacting.

This is fun for us who keep repeating the word, because it demonstrates it does indeed have meaning, a lot of meaning.

Smoked.

Dance monkey……

1 Like

You stung the big dogs :joy:

1 Like

My S&C mate reckons cork go through inevitable lulls following their high energy, lots of sprinting and exertion periods.

I agree 100% with this. He did shorten the grip though. I think quaid would have got something to it, but it’s easy from the ditch. If you look it was the classic “swing the hurl in a phone box”. I think it was as much the talent of the strike as any defensive lapse.
It was a classic game in large part because of the lack of cynicism.
Limerick are the most effective team you’ll ever see, and fair play to them, but they are also extremely cynical. For me, It was nice to see hurling back to the way it was.
It’s odd because in lynch and Flanagan they have two of the freeest spirits to ever play the game.

Maybe for the Rodgers one but not for the Kelly one imo.

Kelly was moving so quick no one got near him to foul. Plenty of bodies back and Kelly himself said he was going for a point. Only to change his mind and improvise at the last second when the last defender came across.

When you look at the traffic he went through and SOD at the other end for the first goal, you needed to nearly clean them out to get them to the ground.

Then compare to ROF for the time he went over. Not really sure what brought him down. Sure there was contact / a slight drag maybe. But Kelly or SOD would have roared onto that loose ball.

Cork could have defended better for rodgers goal but there was no stoppimg kelly. TK is a genius

Jesus imagine the ratings if the match had been allowed space to breathe and there was a bit of hype about it during the week

The recency bias displayed by GAA fans is always amusing. Cian gave a performance in the AIF in 2021 that was as good as anyone ever. He’s been desperately unlucky with injuries since.
Also, Clare are extremely cynical.

You boys just needed a break from Limerick, which is understandable, but plenty of Limerick players have given 'free spirit ’ performances over the last few years.

Peter Casey last year was banging them over from everywhere. His dancing hips before doing the cruciate in 2021 were majestic. Hegarty has lit up games with unconventional goals :person_shrugging:t2:

But non cynical teams win nothing.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t like to criticise Limerick in any way, they can all hurl and generally play on the edge,

I know it is really naive but I hate seeing lads say that such and such should never have been allowed to shoot for goal, the obvious implication is that a free should have been conceded, I hate to think that it’s being coached but it obviously is,
Cork looked to be deliberately defending so as not to concede frees, an interesting tactic :man_shrugging:

But it was a wonderful spectacle

1 Like

Tony Kelly emphatically ended the TFK debate about TK v Cian Lynch.

4 Likes

Neither as good as Lee Chin

1 Like

At what?

1 Like

Winning nothing

3 Likes

I see

1 Like

You keep saying that for some reason

Was there a debate?