All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Hayes showed two unbelievable instances of touch and control early on in the second half where he brought down the ball with the hurl with Cleary all over him. Only scored off one of them but Cleary didnā€™t have a notion where the ball had gone for one of them.

1 Like

Itā€™s an unreal skill but heā€™d want improve on catching it as well to really kick on.

Interesting breakdown on the puckouts by Christy Oā€™Connor

Was there a quick puck-out at all to be had Sunday? I canā€™t remember many instances of a replay being shown and then cutting back to a score going over the bar at the other end. Johnny Murphy must have laid down the law.

He pulled back three or four fast restarts at least

1 Like

Should be factored into any analysis piece. Much easier defend when given the time to reset.

I understand the issue about DJC. But am just concerned with his hurling ability.

Joe Canning. Paul Delaney. Michael Cleary. Nicky English.

Will have to sit down and think.

Am not saying Patrick Horgan is not a terrific hurler. He is. But he is also a bit of a luxury in ways.

1 Like

Slobber has an awful texture.

While Cork backs were trying not to foul, the Clare lads were gone to war

https://twitter.com/CraicOfTheAsh/status/1815053634251485348?t=1S6tffivSVgeBjtmp3hRqw&s=19

Tipoerary won the first AIF in hurling. 1887 season.

I think Kerry win the first 17 a side AIF in 1891.

1 Like

Ya stone cold corrected it. I didnā€™t know it was ever 17 aside.

Originally 21 a side. Changed to 15 a side in 1912 or 1913.

2 Likes

No wonder scoring was so low

1 Like

Do Limerick not have two football AIs no?

1887 and 1896.

Only county that has more All Irelands than provincial titles.

3 Likes

Clare are closing in on that record.

3 Likes

And a 100% record in All-Ireland football finals.

Which we are very unlikely to lose

3 Likes

Brian Hayes got one unbelievable point in first half where he killed the ball on his hurley above shoulder height and swung it overā€¦his hurling has been v impressive but the Clare backs got to grips with him by HT