All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Iā€™d say he was slightly younger, was minor keeper in 2011 and 2012 and made his championship debut in the winter Covid championship of 2020 v limerick so would have been 26 at most.

He was seen as a serious prospect as a minor but Keith Hogan beat him out as the 21s keeper in 2014 and 2015. Only got a senior call up in 2020 when Lohan took over.

1 Like

Got a fine score straight after half time too.

He is surely a prospect for the All Star goalkeeper this year. Nicki Quaid had an unexceptional year as did Eoin Murphy. Quilligan made some big saves and really only made the one mistake.

Its gas we are 1 behind mayo in AI footballs

He had a meltdown the first day out v Limerick which was fairly significant in the result. But you could make a case for him, Collins or Quaid

Oh yes. I forgot that.

His save from ROF will surely count as a plus. All star selectors have short memories

I think if he hadnā€™t the brain fart for Kilkennyā€™s second goal he would have a great chance.

Limerick will get max two all stars. Iā€™d say they pick the rest of the team and then decide whether they need to use quaid to bulk their numbers.

I reckon Gillane will get a token one over the likes of Hayes who was picked on the TSG team.

He wonā€™t. Nicki will be Limerickā€™s only All star. Whatever chance Hayes had of getting one are gone after his recent transgression.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/tony-kelly-display-godfather-part-33296681

One great recognising another

Quaid
Morrissey
Kyle
Hegarty

They should be the only four names really mentioned imo. Itā€™ll be two of them four.

Hego had a bad last game which usually counts for a lot. So probably the least likely.

Which Morrissey ? Ffs

Dan sorry

Fairly obvious surely. Tom never got going this year. Dan was colossal.

Hasnā€™t a hope of an All Star.

5 Likes

Heā€™s definitely one limericks most consistent performers and surely somewhere inbetween Cleary and Eoin Downey whoā€™ll be the other full back options.

Ya but will get a nomination

Itā€™ll be one. Theyā€™ll have to make room for a Kilkenny as well