All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Eoin Downey was on the Sunday game team and Morrissey was every bit as good as him.

Cian Kenny was excellent for Kilkenny this year any time I saw them. I think the bloodless Leinster final and flat second half v Clare means that there arenā€™t any real standout performances from Kilkenny players. Iā€™d have Kenny in the 15

Quaid
Hogan-Downey-Leen
Ryan-Downey-David Mc
Kenny-Darragh Fitz
TK-Barrett-Harnedy
Rodgers-SOD-Hayes

Clare 7
Cork 6
Limerick and Kilkenny 1

My team would be:

Quaid
Leen
Cleary
Hogan
Mcinerney
Rob Downey
Kyle
Tony Kelly
Fitzgibbon
Harnedy
Shane Barrett
Duggan
Brian hayes
O Donnell
Rodgers.

Looking at it now he does if Rte decide to Blank Kyle. Hegarty will lose out because thereā€™s too much competition in his position and Limerick will definitely have two on the team.

Why?

Won their province and involved in a titantic with cork in the semi final. Involved in two of the 3 best games this season as well.

That mightnā€™t count for shit.

2 Likes

Usually does with Rte.

Iā€™d say Quaid is our best shout for an All Star as it would be a fairly uncontroversial award and weā€™ll surely get at least wan. I wouldnā€™t be one bit surprised if that was it though.

Tony Kelly got one in 20 and 21. Not sure Clare even made the Munster final or all semi final.

Cork got to the final and got none in 2021.

It doesnā€™t work that way or at least cut doesnā€™t work that way anymore. The semi final and final carry more weight than provincial. Once upon a time even the league winners would secure 1/2 spots Itll be 7 Clare , 6 Cork and one apiece for kk and lk

Iā€™d say youā€™d have to go back a very long time for the Munster champions not to get one out field all star.

The jewel in the crown of the hurling championship as Rte love to tell us.

Remind me again who are the Munster champions?

One outfield anyway Iā€™d agree there.

Quaid made mistakes this year he didnā€™t make before tbf. None of the keepers were flawless. He was more deserving other years when you consider what cork done to our puck outs this year.

1 Like

Funny cork got to the final in 2021 and no all star. Cork won the Munster final in 14 and got no stars either.

And him hardly hurling a ball in the semi final

I donā€™t think Quaid was so much better than Collins or Quilligan that he jumps them. Needs to be a really convincing case not to give it to one of the finalists and both Collins and Quilligan had more eye catching saves. Hegarty and Hayes were poor or peripheral in the semi and Iā€™d say both lose out for that. Gillane merits one.

2 Likes

Gillane has absolutely no chance.

Kyler has to make it surely. The standout for Limerick this season. The Clare full-back line was being identified as a weakness but it actually transpired to be a bit of an area of strength in the end. Hogan and Leen look like staples at 2 and 4 for years to come.

1 Like

There was a feeling that the Limerick v Waterford semi-final was the real final in 2021. Cork took a battering from Tipp in the semi-final in 2014 as well.

1 Like