All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Had he any Kilkenny lads on it?

John Donnelly at wing forward

Are there actually people seriously suggesting he shouldn’t get an All-Star? He’s easily in the running for Hurler Of The Year. He won’t win it because Shane O’Donnell will win it but definitely top 3.

Conlon’s performances in recent years throws him into the discussion for greatest 6 of this era.

It’s hardly in question?

Wasn’t too long ago, people felt he was the weak link in that Clare defence. I personally thought myself Barrett would retire him. No substitute for a genius brain and hardiness to back it up.

Not a chance Duggan wins an all-star.

Not many have mentioned cathal o Neill. Limericks best player in the league and very good on the champ too.

2 Likes

This will be very unpopular but tbh I’ve never seen Hannon have a performance like it.

Conlon had very little protection in front of him. He was ably supported on both wings alright in limiting Barrett but he had very little help elsewhere. He did, however, get away with a few wild swings early on. Not sure what Murphy was at with one in particular.

Still, if Rob Downey got away with it at the other end I’d take it. Conlon was awesome.

In possession, he’s probably good as Hannon too IMO. Hannon does look slicker though.

1 Like

Ah here. He was in trouble for the first ten minutes ,was completely exposed, then they brought Kelly back to mind him. Clare flooded that area and stopped Conlon being run at. Nearly decapitating Barret helped

The thing about Conlon too was he wasn’t protected by two deep lying midfielders. Lohan let them hurl. He fought his own area like a man. And won it too. Incredible competitor.

4 Likes

It’s not a RTÉ selection

1 Like

Don’t underestimate the dark dark forces

https://twitter.com/noplanbgaa/status/1815756445339496539?s=46

The ref not allowing the quick ones was the real story.

4 Likes

Conlon was heroic on Sunday no question, but that doesn’t mean people weren’t right to have questions about him in the past.
He was poor in the munster final and sometimes he shoots when it’s not on.

1 Like

Sure if you watched the game back I’d say it’s far from a high quality classic in 70 minutes.

Really it was just completely lit up by Tony Kelly magic moments which gloss over the dross.

The wides and decision making was very poor from both sides.

I doubt the standard was anywhere near the 2014 final.

Extra time was better tbf than we usually get.

3 Likes

Harnedy chance to not slip it through to Connolly was the major talking point. Connolly in Sundays form mightn’t have scored it but the pass still had to be made and then to make it worse the umpires missed the obvious 65.

Any word from Derek yet?

Na we will suck it up,tbh I’m not too convinced we’d bate Clare in a replay,
Should have taken out chances,and went all out goal wise when opportunity arose,
Wasted it,

Personally I’d have given that cunt of a ref a bating on Sunday

On a side note a fuckin tremendous day for decorating

1 Like