All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Ah History can be viewed through many different prisms and lenses

I’m certainly not harmless… I ran Corbally for 10 years and i now run Rochestown. Be wide

3 Likes

Which area was harder to bring under control?

I think it was Bandage said we were harmless

The abiding memory of this Limerick team will be Diarmuid Byrnes relentlessly piledriving 110 metre frees over the bar with a 20 inch boss.

1 Like

Corbally, by a distance

2 Likes

And isnt it glorious!

It probably is if you’re a fan of Pete Sampras.

1 Like

I hope they’re not sealing those memory boxes just yet… There’s a lot more 110 yard haymakers to come yet.

5 Likes

Chalk that down!

And fouling the ball in the process.

If a lad was doing it playing Go Games, you’d pull him up on it.

Ah prisms and lenses! Could we not just let lads find their own History and happiness. Let us celebrate All Irelands won by rugby and long range frees, let others celebrate the ones won in Central Council back offices, others again celebrate the ones won by Ger Cushe and Gary Laffan sliding around Croke Park on their arses. For some it’l be a scuttery goal by Noel Lane!

I take it as a huge compliment that Limerick are now viewed up there with Pete Sampras. Prisms and lenses!

3 Likes

Any comment on SOD throwing the ball twice in the lead up to McCarthy’s goal? And 7 steps thurn in for a laugh .

Limerick throws bad < everyone else’s throws good

2 Likes

7 steps :grin:

He did yeah :smile:

1 Like

Byrnes isnt the worst on this. A classic of the genre was Nicky English Youd nearly boil the kettle in the time he balanced the ball on his hurley before striking it

1 Like

Not from Limerick, post is invalid and move on nothing to see. He never won 5 either

https://x.com/noplanbgaa/status/1816413119373074789?s=46&t=bi9TPLB4aIa07RQv_xWOxQ

Eoin Kelly for me

1 Like

I’d have said tommy dunne but we’re seeing a common theme emerging. Who’s teaching them in the go games down tipp at all?

1 Like

Kelly stealing an extra metre fouling the ball was simply iconic back when 65s were no tap over. If you weren’t replicating it yourself for the club you were at nothing. Thats until you were pulled by some salmon of a ref wearing tracksuit pants and stinking of piss and fags.