All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Fair but Iā€™ve seen Quilligan let in a few howlers this season too. He was struggling with distance on his puckout against Limerick in the Munster final I think iirc.

Heā€™d the mistake against KK but has been excellent the last two games. Fair play to him, he has had to wait his time and is clearly very talented if a little inconsistent to me.

2 Likes

In fairness Quilligan had a meltdown in the Munster Final on distribution. Its a fine line.

Every team in the country would take Eoin Murphy as their goalkeeper bar maybe Limerick and Ballygunner.

5 Likes

He stops that one down the pipe Collins lets in in the final every day of the week. You donā€™t have that with him. Heā€™ll save all the ones he should. Youā€™ve some keepers will never make a save they arenā€™t entitled to, Murphyā€™s highlight reel is unbelievable.

3 Likes

Quilligan could go to another level now with the All Ireland win.

Murphy gets in forwards heads too when they are baring down on goal.

2 Likes

Collins was praised for just booming it v Limerick twice.

Murphy could do the same but are the kilenny forwards coached to move like other counties. Thereā€™s a lot of moving parts with puck outs.

3 Likes

EM lets in the odd one he probably should have got ā€“ but is a victim of his own virtuousity, in a sense, as regards expectation. @Fagan_ODowd did make an excellent point a while back about EM being slightly less sure with left side saves than you might expect given his overall brilliance.

EM is also extremely brave.

Is PCā€¦?

Eoin Murphy let a weak shot bounce through him v Dublin this year no? It was as poor a piece of keeping as anything all year

1 Like

He will be under pressure to hold on to the jersey over the next two seasons truth be told. Itā€™s just matter of when Mark Sheedy is ready to take over.

2 Likes

In fairness, all IC goalkeepers are brave to a fault. They may have differing skillsets but I couldnā€™t class any of them as cowardly.

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to remember that, I think I missed that match. Theyā€™re all fallible I suppose.

He didnā€™t just boom it. He was incredibly sharp on the quick ones and hitting space as well.

Eoin Murphy had a howler in the group game vs Galway by the way.

1 Like

Will the Clarecastle keeper be in the picture at all then? Cian Broderick. Young fella too.

Was Tallis not in goals that day?

He has his medal now anyway and probably never expected to be there a few years ago, a bit like 18 with Limerick, whatever they do after, that was the one. He definitely got better as the year went on this year.

Maybe so. Butā€¦

I do not think PCā€™s ā€˜saveā€™ from Aaron Gillane was so much a save as a misoption.

Youā€™re right actually, I forgot that he missed that game.

Murphy would struggle to start for any Munster team

Agreed. Ball should have been struck into the ground.

1 Like