All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

I totally agree with you.

Arriving to Dublin via Heuston Station versus Dublin Airport is vastly superior.

1 Like

Not to be outfone cork are getting a blimp to croke park entirely powered by carkness. Landing on the pitch with jubilee team coming off after the team. Landers will present Liam Mccarthy to o’Donoghue. No need to play the match such is the confidence today

12 Likes

Its worth it for the breakfast

2 Likes

The Holy Trinity.

Anthony Daly always said you couldn’t win an All Ireland without a hearty fry up in the belly.

Cork will dominate the rest of the 2020’s but once Tipp win in 2029 it will set us up nicely to dominate the early 2030’s.

Kilkenny are a bit further away but I’m sure theyll get it together in time.

1 Like

They’ll just inflate Landers with hot air and hang a basket off him

3 Likes

Kilkenny don’t look like they’ll be back at the top table anytime soon. Tipperary will stop a Cork 6 in a row in 2029.

1 Like

Id agree, any game for that matter. A fry at 8:30 for a half 2 kick off. Porridge, protein pancakes, granola never worked as well. Sausages bacon and black pudding white bread toast and ketchup. Mug of tae no milk.

3 Likes

He’ll be the air horn too. You cant not hear him

I’ve noticed with United tickets that I had in my Apple wallet but then forwarded on to someone via the website, it would automatically remove the ticket from my apple wallet.

Ticketmaster could be the same.

1 Like

Oisin McConville was another big believer.

His mother wouldn’t let him out the door to a game without a proper Breakfast.

1 Like

Shannon Airport is resplendent in banner banners.

Wont

He’s already thus

Clare were flying up to AI finals 30 years ago, hardly a new thing. I remember them flying up Belfast in the 80s for league matches against Antrim.

This is officially now the longest Kilkenny famine in my lifetime. 10 years next year. 10 years also equals the longest famine since Kilkenny first won the All-Ireland in 1904 (1906) which has happened twice before - 1922 to 1932 and 1947 to 1957.

They’ll nip in for one before too long I think.

Cork have never lost an All-Ireland final in a year ending in 4. The record books may say otherwise, but the 1904 final which was Kilkenny’s first All-Ireland victory was played on June 24th, 1906.

Cork have played All-Ireland finals in 1894, 1904, 1944, 1954, 1984 and 2004 and won them all.

The final they played in 1894 was put down in the record books as the 1893 title, however they also won the official 1894 final, played in 1895.

They won the official 1903 final, played in 1904.

2 Likes

I’m not sure Kilkenny/Cork/Tipp can win all Irelands like they did back in the day when their superior pool of players meant they were guaranteed to win every few years against the other counties who’d have 5 or 6 ducks on the field.

The only record that is hopeful to be kept is Tipp winning an all Ireland every decade, it is why 2029 will be the most important championship yet.

1 Like

Unless you get a non big-three team drilled in military fashion with a lot of big men like Limerick have had since 2018, and Galway had in 2017, and you get an elongated period of dominance out of that like Limerick have had, Cork, Kilkenny and Tipp will always win All-Irelands.

Cork are going to be the ones drilled in military fashion over the next decade.

Limerick might yet have more in them but they could just as easily fall away quickly. Clare will fall away when the class of 2013 retire which will be very soon. Galway are bottoming out. Waterford might raise a gallop next year but they’ll hardly win an All-Ireland. Dublin are as far away as ever. Wexford aren’t serious enough. That leaves Offaly.

Tipperary are generally good at nipping in early in the decade to preserve that record - 1950, 1961, 1971, 1991, 2001, 2010. The 1980’s the only outlier there where they only won in the last chance saloon in 1989. Starting to get a bit nervy about the 20’s now with 5 down, 5 to go and unlikely to win the next 2 or 3.