All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

They’re very good at Aussie Rules to be fair.

1 Like

Limericks team was built on Quaid who has improved immeasurably, ditto Hannon, Dowling was talented but inconsistent.

That limerick team that came before 2018 was full of average journey men not too dissimilar to what Tipp have now.

1 Like

It’s going to be a long few years for you if you believe that.

If Liam Sheedy had been managing Tipp in 2024 how do we think they would have gone?

I’d say they would have qualified from Munster.

2015 limerick team:
Limerick - B Hennessy 6; S Walsh 6, R McCarthy 5, S Hickey 6; T Condon 5, G O’Mahony 6, S O’Brien 6; J Ryan 5, P O’Brien 5; D Breen 5, D Hannon 7, D O’Grady 5; G Mulcahy 7, S Dowling 7, C Lynch 5. Subs: P Browne 6 for Breen (ht), K Downes 5 for O’Grady (50), J Fitzgibbon for O’Brien (60), W McNamara for McCarthy (60), D Reidy for Ryan (68).

As limited an inter county team you’re likely to see. I can’t count Lynch at this point as he is only 18. Hannon was very up and down at this point.

Their best player was Gavin O Mahoney who was unmercifully dropped not so long after.

You couldn’t tell me looking at this that Limerick would go onto win 5 all Irelands but things change very quickly in sport.

4 Likes

I heard he eats 5 hard boiled eggs for breakfast. Imagine marking him. @peddlerscross the fry or lack of may be a reason he never won an AI

2 Likes

Declan hannon, Graeme mul and Nicky quaid were key men in the 2013 Munster final side. Limerick were badly mismanaged in 2015 there so I’m not sure what your point is.

You hype every single young lad
From tipp. This lad is the best minor since Noel McGrath.

It’s complete nonsense.

Weird cunt.

No wonder the carkies love him

Figures.

1 Like

What have tipp won underage 1 minor and lost 1 20s final?

Sure they won two 21s under Liam Cahill and they didn’t get one hurler off them.

Kilkenny beat a Limerick team with 3 or 4 very good young players and Kilkenny have hardly got one player off it.

Lads reading too much into under 17 results as per usual. Things change very quickly.

1 Like

Gavin O Mahony - now theres a blast from the past. Whatever happened him?

On Clare flying Sunday. I’m not sure its a good idea. Keep it simple. Its motorway most of the way up. Its a needless distraction. A journey can be contemplative, reflective and a player can process or switch off in those 2 or 3 hours in transit. Probably only few hours all week that he’ll have to himself. Anyway each to their own.

Graeme Mul is not exactly GOAT territory, that limerick team were so limited that when I look back on their results from 2013-2016 it’s clear they over achieved.

It’s probably like when Wayne Rooney went into Everton training aged 16 and realised these lads are shite that it gave him great confidence, the same could be said of limerick young players around 15-17.

Tipps current team has bundles of more natural talent than that Limerick side, the Munster round robin is a different ball game though.

Anyways, I’ve won this hands down so I’ll call it a night.

1 Like

I’m not sure what your point is about Limerick 2013-2016.

We had extremely good minor teams from 11-14. We had a very good senior team in 13 and 14. You didn’t have to be a genius to think we’d have a good senior team but it took nearly four years to gel and a change of management.

If kiely didn’t take the job in 17 it might never have worked out. We could have ended up with nothing again.

You seem to think a couple of tidy 17 year olds are guaranteed to be top class senior hurlers.

Not only that they’ll have the right
Management team then to challenge at the
Top again.

It rarely works like that.

You’ve absolutely ruined his weekend there

2 Likes

Man should go and manage Tipp minors, do a Jack O’Connor on it.

Tipp lads are in for a lot more pain. They celebrated like they won an all Ireland when they drew with Limerick last year. Twelve months later they are on the end of some of their most humiliating results in their history.

They’ll get an All Ireland within next 3-4 years. They’re cute cunts that way.

They won’t win anything in the next five years.

Tipp are going where Cork have been.