All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

He was incredibly wasteful. If anything heā€™d probably go down as one of their worse players.

4 Likes

Daraā€™s Croker curse continues

Tony Kelly, a real class act.

2 Likes

Your heart would go out to them.

2 Likes

I was just going to post something like that. Seems like a genuinely nice, modest chap.

1 Like

Clare had far more standout performances than Cork. Kelly gets it all ends up because genius wins games.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no way you can waste as much ball as he did and be MotM. He drove the ball away in ET while a point down and gave Cork a chance to level.

McInerney for me was absolutely immense. Diarmuid Ryan, Conlon, Malone, Rodgers, SOD were all class too.

And Taylor off the bench, some performance.

But Kellyā€™s goal and the point in extra-time, they are the moments that win AIs.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/movementcoachkm/status/1815057582165262496?t=ErPXO7Gs4_n9m8X2zGP9mg&s=19

Fact.

Up the banner

1 Like

Perhaps it looked different on TV, but from the stand Fitzgerald was everywhere for Clare and chipped over incredible points. I wonā€™t watch the match back but to me he was the big difference in the key areas.

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t endure Marty Morrissey ruining another game for me, so I watched the game on the BBC.

5 Likes

No way

I thought that too. But then Kelly did so good overall.

And Jack Oā€™Connor and Robbie Oā€™Flynn.

Tommy Oā€™Connell did well but the Cork bench was not good.

2 Likes

Twomey and TOC did ok imo.

1 Like

Thankfully Shanagher came out on the right side, heā€™d never have lived it down.

3 Likes

TOC was very good. Actually think Meade did well in his limited time.

1 Like

Twomey was stonecold useless. Pushed off the ball, poor wides, canā€™t remember him doing anything right.

3 Likes

Similarly Iā€™m happy that it went to extra time for Jack Oā€™Connors sake, that would haunt you, probably still will

1 Like

Some final. I canā€™t remember many better. Some of Tony Kellyā€™s scores were as good as has ever been seen in an All Ireland Final.

Congrats to @Big_Dan_Campbell and @Raylan 2 diehard clare men and alright sorts.

13 Likes

Yeah, and itā€™ll be tough for ROF. Thatā€™s sport, I guess.

2 Likes