All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Ya I suppose the lack of option off the bench is something they’ll have to address

Ah come on. The last two in regular time were far from easy, giving the context.

Tim O Mahony should have gone for goal on the first attack

Suck my balls you sour cunt

3 Likes

My suspicion is that none of them saw it, and he correctly guessed a free but wasn’t sure enough to give more. I suspect he also figured correctly that the free immediately before it which led directly to it was dubious.
A good game overall as you say though he had, he just ignored throwing and for the most part steps.
What a brilliant game. I’m delighted for Clare, for TK and most of all for Brian Lohan andy Clare brethren on here.
Gutted for Pat Ryan who seems the loveliest man.

3 Likes

I know my shit

Downey’s goal really was class. Serious finish after a fairly lungbursting run.

1 Like

Hogan was getting to the ball first, not a goal chance imv

2 Likes

Extra time is always a horrible way to finish a game as no one prepared for it, players were running on empty and the benches decided the ultimate result.

What a day. Commiserations to the Cork lads on here, both teams emptied the tanks.

Hup

3 Likes

Rodgers’ was really good too.

And Kelly’s might be the best in an AI final ever.

2 Likes

That Kelly goal. Jesus Christ

Thank fuck I didn’t watch on RTÉ, Marty & Duignan are unbearable even in highlights.

1 Like

I’m surprised Buff Egan watched the match at home. Surely he had enough pull to snare a ticket.

The cameraman had a great knack of locating attractive Clare women in the crowd today. There was some blonde who popped up at a critical stage who was unreal good.

8 Likes

Marty is a painful cunt and Duignan is some cuck

2 Likes

Shanagher’s foul was so so so stupid. Going absolutely nowhere, a fella just off the bench commits the laziest foul of all time.

6 Likes

Shanagher was a disaster - worst cameo I’ve ever seen on all Ireland final day

1 Like

Have they not shown Kelly’s point in ET in the highlights???

I was fucking looking forward to it

I have no love for Johnny Murphy and that obviously was a free at the end. But, in real time, it wasn’t as blatant as it looks in a still image; as @flattythehurdler said, I’d say he was just blindsided and didn’t see it, arguably a clever enough foul by Leen.

It was a mistake for sure and it’s sick to have it with the last puck but there were plenty of similar incidents missed throughout the game (and every game).

5 Likes

That’s scouted pre-match for what it’s worth. There’s a ‘crowd scout’ (same for most sporting events). They pick certain areas and seats where they see certain people that’ll look good for the camera.

3 Likes