All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Wouldn’t be a massive fan of lehane but thought he was definitely worth 10 mins

5 Likes

Genuinely looked like a junior hurler. Fierce awkward looking

Was in the Indo I’d say

3 Likes

Id really like to see harnedy win one as well. A titan. I think he actually embodies the best of Ireland as much as TK.
I greatly enjoyed TK’s speech.
As to all the cork lads, I’m really sorry for the way it went. What a team you have. Did you all proud to a man. It’s easy to say cork are coming and will win a few. Maybe they will, but it’s odds against every year as counties mimic the Limerick programme from the ground up, and start to come on line. It’s going to get harder and harder.
I hope if Galway don’t win it next year, that cork do.
Now I’m off to wash my mind out with soap.

3 Likes

Apologies. The indo is already in the gutter. Still shouldn’t have printed it. Equating missing a 0.5 second tug on a stretchy jersey with robbery. Honestly it’s dangerous and inflammatory talk in this day and age. There’s too many loons about. I thought Johnny Murphy was great. Nobody gets everything right, but was the result fair? It was. Sin e.

5 Likes

The ironing

2 Likes

Mother of God :roll_eyes:

The subs were awful, game definitely called for Meade earlier (although his form has been poor) and, if any game required Lehane, this was the one. He usually does well against Clare. JOC on first was just bizarre.

1 Like

That was the Indo. You wouldn’t get that junk in the Examiner

2 Likes

What a game. Terrific contest all through, outstanding play on both sides, pieces of breathtaking skill that will be recalled & replayed forever & played in a great spirit. Similarly outstanding exchanges & analyses on TFK. Congrats to our Clare contingent & commiserations to the Cork lads. That was just top class.

19 Likes

This isn’t being discussed enough

4 Likes

The video of the embrace between TK and Lohan after on the GAA Facebook reels is beautiful

“Well done son, well done. You are super. You are super.

Thank you”

2 Likes

Lot made of Hoggie and the Cork puck outs. Allowing Clare literally walk in 3 goals seems to be hardly mentioned. O Donnoghue looks finished tbh. Is he too bulked up perhaps. Hard win a game where you only score one yourself. They lacked a bit of cynicism back there. If it was down the other end they would have been hauled down. Having said that In the 2 Downeys they seem to have solved the spine of their defense. A lot easier to build a team trying to fit pieces around them.

Subs Twomey was a disaster. Lehane should have been brought on. Jack O Connor was a strange one. Zero impact. O Connell did well with his chance and Kingston landed a couple. Harnedy was trying to warm up again down near us with a view to possibly being reintroduced but he couldnt raise a gallop. Cork carried Dalton yesterday too. He wasnt busy and for all the world was just a decoy again. Someone should have told him Kyle Hayes wasnt playing. Wasnt even a puck out option. Bizarre. Johnny Murphy was brutal but you know this before the game and have to make allowances. Clare overall though deserved their win and if it is the last time we see O Donnell he will surely go down as Clares best of all time.

4 Likes

The cunts fuckacting in the dressing room at half time and full time as well.

Twomey was very effective against Limerick in SPUC. I can understand why he was introduced

2 Likes

GRMMA ol stock

Fair play to TK for putting the genie back in the bottle.

Brutal alright but rebel’s shouldn’t have to depend on a ref being impartial or even fair,

1 Like

:ok_hand::ok_hand:

Twas mentioned on the paper section at 7.00am on morning Ireland but described as bitter. By 8 it was gone.