All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Tbf he was shite

Cork will surely demand a replay. The ref was concussed and missed the most obvious of frees… I think most people outside of Clare will support Cork in their demand.

2 Likes

Johnny Murphy is known as Johnny Draws for a reason; if he had any hint that there was a pulled jersey in that instance, he would 100% have blown for it.

Taking a still image from the opposite side to where he was standing is unfair.

It’s very frustrating when it’s literally the last puck of the game and you know you would have got a replay, fair enough. But I wonder how many people screaming about it saw it in real-time?

8 Likes

A big part of it too is Clare were the better team. It doesn’t make it right but it’s makes it feel a lot easier to accept imo.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Johnny Draws.

Makes sense. 2 minutes additional time like.

The hawk eye takes up some whack of time.

Johnny was foot perfect overall and using a still image like that is silly.

O’Flynn needs to nail it anyway. He missed 1-02 when on.

Johnny allowing Conlon to almost decapitate Shane Barrett early doors was absolutely iconic and set the tone for a rip roaring contest. One of the best games i was ever at anyway.

22 Likes

:laughing:

https://x.com/bbarrymurphy/status/1815174979492725042?s=46&t=bi9TPLB4aIa07RQv_xWOxQ

2 Likes

It was eerily similar to the St Thomas’s v Ballygunner Club All Ireland Semi Final when he was playing for penalties from half time in normal time.

The free out he gave Eoin Downey from Shanagher when Cork were three down in normal time typified it yesterday.

Overall though the man has firmly established himself now as the games Premier Official - in charge of both National Finals this year at Inter County.

Great he can’t ref limerick too

The last free which Collins hit was very soft - one of those let’s give them one last chance

As soft as the one Galway got whicbbcanning dropped short.

They are not given normally

Twas a fair contest between Shanagher and ROF for least effective cameo

The fuckers shoulda came out of the fucking dressing room so

Its a sort of trade off referees often do.

I’ll give ye a free in your own full back line or a few extra seconds to try equalise but i sure as hell wont give ye a free 25 meters out straight in front of the posts.

Liam Gordon did something similar in the 2023 Munster Final.

2 Likes

That’s unbelievable.

Waiting for the toss. Where the fuck are they meant to go.

And Cork making them wait.

Some bitterness on Twitter. You love to see it.

10 Likes

I see a pretend cork Twitter handle calling for SOD to JFKed in an unfunny sort of way.

There are some weird weird people out there.

Cork kept Clare waiting three times yesterday - half time, full time and half time in extra time.

At half time, the umpire was talking to Cleary (probably about holding) and Lohan saw it and made a bit of a beeline to tell the umpire to fuck off.

4 Likes

Nerves got to a lot of the Cork players - Connolly, JOC, Twomey, ROF etc.

1 Like

Congrats @BeTimberin @Big_Dan_Campbell @Raylan @Watch_The_Break and all the @poorclares

That team deserved one over the balance of the last few years. Enjoy the celebrations

Commiserations @Turenne @fenwaypark @Corksfinedtboy @Kyle @gilgamboa and all the other @wearecorks

Ye’ll be back soon no doubt. Nice young team there. Hoggie deserved one but that’s not how it works, as we Limericks know only too well.

10 Likes

The referee was good overall.

Clare were the better team.

But the referee needs to make that call. It was such a clear foul.

Robbie O’Flynn was right to go for the goal with a few minutes left. So too Horgan with the last two points. And what a catch by O’Flynn to set himself up for the shot he was fouled for.

We should be looking forward to a replay on Galway Races Bank Holiday Saturday evening.

1 Like

Johnny had taken a clip himself at one stage and may have been slightly dazed

He was some warrior to keep going.