All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

It was a very nervy match for a sub to come into.

Twomey had a nightmare for Cork, O’Flynn missed 1-02 and O’Connor was ineffective.

A lot of Cork lads were nervy. Barrett couldn’t get some ball into his hands that would usually be like glue for him. Credit to Conlon though he was immense, his name hasn’t been spoken enough over the last 24 hours.

6 Likes

Barrett being almost decapitated early doors can’t have helped but ultimately around 18 or 19 out of the 23 players Cork used will feel they had more in them so to come unstuck by just one point after 100 minutes of hurling wasn’t bad.

1 Like

Not bad but makes it worse in some ways. They’ll go again though although it’ll sting for a while.

1 Like

He had himself wound up from trying to softer Conlan at the throw in. I’d say he was reeling from the doing he got then and shortly after.

Hego over David Fitzgerald ?

I’d have Peter Duggan over him too

He definitely halted the progress of anything in a Cork jersey in his vicinity.

How you dont have Hegarty instead of Fitzgerald bates Banagher

Omission of Gillane makes that list null & void

2 Likes

I think @Watch_The_Break might take that as the worst personal insult he’s ever received on this site.

Himself and Joe used to fairly sow it into us Limericks.

No way. Duggan over Fitzgerald. I think Gillane merits one, but hard to call over who. I don’t think Hego merits one, ditto Hayes, neither did enough in the semi.

Gillane was very quiet until the all Ireland semi final by his standards.

3 Likes

I’d say that Gillane is a bigger omission than Hego. Hego never got out of the starting blocks against cork.

1 Like

Yeah, Gillane was immense in the semi-final but was working off limited ball before that. I don’t think he can have any quibbles really.

Hego is an interesting one. Thing is that David Fitz was going to get one regardless so I don’t think that spot is available and Hego had a very poor second half in the semi-final by his standards.

Dan Morrissey would be the other Limerick player (apart from Nickie & Kyle who are nailed-on) that I would have thought would get one. But Eoin Downey had a good semi-final & final so is probably deserving.

I think it was a surprisingly good team, probably will be better than the actual All Stars.

1 Like

I felt Hegarty played well against Clare, Cork away and Clare in the Munster final.

Kyle Hayes is a cert for an All Star unless DARK FORCES are at work

1 Like

Yes Dan Morrissey had a consistently excellent season but he mightn’t have had the stand out moments to get recognised.

David fitz was top scorer from play in the championship but I wouldn’t have between all three of them.

I wonder without the black card rule would Tony Kelly have been whipped down yesterday?

I think the rule makers deserve credit for it because it’s working well in hurling. Even the rodgers goal possibly was another vindication of it.

The semi matters more than what happened up til then though.