All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

There’s an army of Carkies screaming for poor Johnny Murphy’s head… They should be starting on their defending first, their puckouts next and then their poor shooting

8 Likes

I dunno
Personally I hate the clamour for professional fouls, go out and play the game, though I know it’s naive.
Like I said, I think the defence has that controlled until it’s too late, the moment of genius.
It was the other goal that would bother me more, how it the name of god did he complete that swing without a hook

3 Likes

I agree but defending needs to be aggressive and on the edge.

Cork were incredibly passive compared to Conlan, Higan, Leen, McInerney etc.

Even the first goal. It turns out loads of bodies around but no stopping them. They’re trying to play the ball too much.

1 Like

I hate professional fouls.

That same group held Limerick well and lost by a point in after extra time in the final.

It’s an amateur game after all

I think Limerick malfunctioned as much as anything. Not taking anything away from Cork but i still haven’t figured out what happened to Limerick that day but I don’t think it was anything to do with Corks defence.

Have you tried some freeze frame analysis?

1 Like

Yes.
But lookit. It’s done now and Cork were worthy winners.

We’re on to 2025.

Limerick left a number of goals after them though. A more efficient limerick could have ended up with 2-35 instead of 0-29 after having close to 50 shots.

Some of our shooting was way below average.

What did it tell you?

We’re on to 2025.

Might be a ghost in the machine.

The Limerick system was exposed.
Mileage caught up with a few players.
Shooting was way off.
A few key men never performed.
The line waited too long to right the ship.
Cork’s shooting was exceptional.

The glorious bastards still nearly pulled it out of the fire.

Sounds serious.

It might be. It may not be.

But we’ve seen things you people can never imagine…

2024 is over.
The best team won on the day.

Let’s look forward to the fulll-house visits of cork and Clare to the Gaelic grounds next year.

Hopefully Johnny Murphy is given Clare v Cork, Cork v Waterford and Cork v Tipp.

3 Likes

Pressure from defence has something to do with that. They attacked every ball, caught balls over Limerick players heads. Limerick didn’t have a good day on a lot of fronts but that unit did well and only lost by a point after extra time in an all Ireland final. Of course they have weaknesses and some more than others but I think suggesting they need to get rid of half of them is a bit much. You could as well suggest Limerick need to get rid of three or more of their defenders.

3 Likes

It looks like Clare and Cork have saved hurling

OVER ONE MILLION viewers watched Sunday’s epic All-Ireland senior hurling final on RTÉ 2.

Clare were crowned champions after a 3-29 to 1-24 extra-time win over Cork at Croke Park.

RTÉ say an average of 1,037,000 tuned into live coverage on The Sunday Game Live, with another 9,000 watching on RTÉ2+1.

The RTÉ 2 audience represented a share of 77% of those watching TV at the time.

Television coverage peaked at 1,231,000 as the game reached its climax.

Last year’s final showdown between Limerick and Kilkenny averaged 830,000 on RTÉ 2, which was the highest audience for an All-Ireland hurling final since 2019.

4 Likes