All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958032, member: 273”]Ah scumpot people stopped doing laps of the field a while back.:smiley:
.[/QUOTE]
think you´ll find donegal were doing long runs the year they won the all ireland kev…

???

Dublin won yesterday, pal.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 958169, member: 9”]???

Dublin won yesterday, pal.[/QUOTE]
You don’t have to rub it in buddy, I’m in a delicate state this morning.

I thought Laois did well yesterday and should have been 6 or 7 points up at half time.

Could also have been down that amount with the goal chances they passed up on in the first half. It was a very impressive display from Laois, they’ve got some good players and are strong in the middle of the field but you always felt Dublin would blow them out of the water when needed which is no slight as we’ve seen they can do that to anyone. Playing at Croke Park is also worth 5 points to Dublin you’d feel.

Ya I still do “long runs”, but not the lap variety. It may explain their collapse last year.
65-80% runs no longer than 90 secs, 1:1, 1:2, 2:1 variation of rests
80-100% runs no longer than 150M
3:1, 4:1, 5:1 of speed endurance (60-150M)
2 mins rest on any flat out sprints. It’s very simple.

Jimmy McGuinness only said last week he had to change his training as he had injured a load of the players.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958228, member: 273”]

Jimmy McGuinness only said last week he had to change his training as he had injured a load of the players.[/QUOTE]

Please reference this.

Look it up yourself ya useless nordie cunt. You don’t want to watch the games, you get out if bed to go down the road to them, now you want someone else to do your googling for you as well.
I see what they mean about the British welfare state now. Absolutely useless cunts.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 958151, member: 180”]Qualifiers Draw

Derry v Longford
Laois v Fermanagh
Limerick v London
Wicklow v Offaly
Louth v Monaghan/Tyrone
Cavan v Westmeath
Carlow/Meath v Clare/Waterford
Down v Leitrim[/QUOTE]

Worst draw of all for Limerick… They badly needed an away day to Down or Derry to get the best out of them… London by 2.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958228, member: 273”]Ya I still do “long runs”, but not the lap variety. It may explain their collapse last year.

Jimmy McGuinness only said last week he had to change his training as he had injured a load of the players.[/QUOTE]
I’d say five or six months on the piss and the lack of hunger that inevitably comes with winning an All-Ireland, as well as a lack of panel depth had a hell of lot more to do with it.

I’ll repeat what I said a couple of weeks back - no manager would have got Donegal near winning an All-Ireland last year.

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 958281, member: 2660”]I’d say five or six months on the piss and the lack of hunger that inevitably comes with winning an All-Ireland, as well as a lack of panel depth had a hell of lot more to do with it.

I’ll repeat what I said a couple of weeks back - no manager would have got Donegal near winning an All-Ireland last year.[/QUOTE]
Moronic talk.

Classic Kev :smiley:

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958275, member: 273”]Look it up yourself ya useless nordie cunt. You don’t want to watch the games, you get out if bed to go down the road to them, now you want someone else to do your googling for you as well.
I see what they mean about the British welfare state now. Absolutely useless cunts.[/QUOTE]

I can’t find it, given your propensity to lie and fabricate things the onus should be on you to prove he said it, after all you are the one making the claim. Where did he say it? Presumably you read it online although it’s far more likely you imagined him saying that to validate your argument. I am quite rightly very skeptical and dubious towards anything you say given your insatiable appetite to talk through your hole. Ironic that a simpleton like you who is sponging a living over in the Commonwealth failing to hold down a steady job is criticising the British Welfare State.

Just because its not on the internet doesn’t mean it doesnt exist. Kev probably heard it first hand from someone. Simps. :confused:

Classic cop out.

You are talking utter shite. If course they could have won the All Ireland. They just didn’t prepare well enough for it. If they were well prepared and beat Mayo I’d give them a huge chance against Dublin.

To say no manager would have done it is such pub nonsense.

i think any good forward will score against dublin in croker…they give up far too much space…the argumnet for dublin playing games outside croker has to grow …their gameplan is totally tailored to playing in there…i couldn´t see them running through opposition like that in a few tight provincial grounds…

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958336, member: 273”]Classic cop out.

You are talking utter shite. If course they could have won the All Ireland. They just didn’t prepare well enough for it. If they were well prepared and beat Mayo I’d give them a huge chance against Dublin.

To say no manager would have done it is such pub nonsense.[/QUOTE]
You just don’t get it, Kev.

Every county that has won an All-Ireland football title for the past quarter of a century has had similar problems to Donegal, and in Donegal’s case it would obviously be worse as 2012 was their second ever All-Ireland. Tyrone and Armagh’s hunger was noticeably diminished the year after they won their All-Irelands. Down, Galway, Donegal in 1992. Dublin and Cork too. Kerry weren’t immune from it. Neither were Meath.

You seem to be under the apprehension that GAA inter-county teams are professional sporting organisations. They aren’t. Players have to go to work or college. In many instances they may live over 100 miles away from where their county team trains. You can waffle on on all you want about training methods and sports science - sports science can not instill real hunger and real desire in a group of players who are sated. Human beings aren’t robots and sports science isn’t hypnosis.

Even in professional sport where these factors shouldn’t apply as much, they do. No team has retained the European Cup since 1990 - presumably every one of those teams got it wrong in their training methods the next season as well?

I would love if Dublin played outside Croke Park during the championship.

I never thought I would be saying this but we did miss Ger Brennan at centre back especially with O’Sullivan in the midfield. We badly need to find another midfielder to compliment MDM and then look at moving O’Sullivan back to centre back. He is made for that position.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958228, member: 273”]Ya I still do “long runs”, but not the lap variety. It may explain their collapse last year.

Jimmy McGuinness should more time on here reading Kev’s posts and learning how to prepare a team properly. It’s really very simple.

+1

Sounds like Kevin should have been training the Donegal team last year rather than halfway around the world training abbos.