All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Should be a close match between Roscommon and Armagh this weekend, Roscommon have had a couple of impressive results in the championship this season running Mayo close and hammering Cavan away from home. They are two young developing sides but I think Armagh are more battle-hardened which will stand to them. Home advantage will be a boost for Roscommon but I see Armagh as being stronger around he middle of the pitch and if they don’t give silly frees away then they should curtail Roscommon enough to win the game.

The Irish News are reporting that Grimley will step down after this season is over and hand the reigns to McGeeney. When I was at the Monaghan replay a couple of weeks ago I heard that Caolan Rafferty did quite a bad number on his hand and was unlikely to play again this year and that he also won’t be around next year as he’s off to the States to work. That would be a big blow for Armagh as he was etablishing himself as a pivotal player.

This weekend i’m hoping to keep up my impressive tipping. I’ll have a look at bets later on, but just winners in bold here. And i stress winner as in get to next round, extra time is a real possibility in a couple of these games.

Roscommon v Armagh
Clare v Kildare - Extremely hesisitantly, they are there to be taken and their whinging after the Meath game is a terrible sign.
[B]Dublin[/B] v Meath
Monaghan v [B]Donegal[/B]
That will leave us with;
Sligo v Cork
Tipp
v Galway
Kildare v Monaghan
Rosscommon v Meath

Mayo vs Cork
Kerry vs Tipp
Dublin vs Monaghan
Donegal vs Meath

I’d be slow to go beyond that without seeing a few more performances and injuries etc. But guess now would be a repeat of last years final or an outside chance of a repeat of 2012. The unfortunate thing from a Cork point of view is this would have been the easiest (not really easy, but easier) ride to the final they could have had in years. But i think even with a good performance and win against Sligo its too far a stretch to be back up to pace for Mayo. If the collapse had happened in May you’d give a far better chance. I don’t think Kerry wil cope with Mayo’s attacking half backs, which is why its so annoying Cork abandoned that tactic for the Munster Final.

Is the Roscommon-Armagh match live on RTE?

I take it the Waterford-Wexford game is on Sky?

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 985546, member: 2660”]Is the Roscommon-Armagh match live on RTE?

I take it the Waterford-Wexford game is on Sky?[/QUOTE]

Affirmative

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 985546, member: 2660”]Is the Roscommon-Armagh match live on RTE?
[/QUOTE]
It’s on Sky unfortunately

The whinging didn’t seem to effect their performance in Newry Kev, so can’t see it being a factor in Ennis either.

You look too deeply into things sometimes

Armagh to beat Roscommon
Kildare to beat Clare
Dublin to beat Meath
Donegal to beat Monaghan

Cork to beat Sligo
Tipp to beat Galway
Monaghan to beat Kildare
Meath to beat Armagh

Mayo to beat Cork
Kerry to beat Tipp
Dublin to beat Monaghan
Donegal to beat Meath

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 985552, member: 48”]The whinging didn’t seem to effect their performance in Newry Kev, so can’t see it being a factor in Ennis either.

You look too deeply into things sometimes[/QUOTE]
You might be right but I doubt it, however Down are rubbish.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 985544, member: 273”]
Clare v Kildare - Extremely hesisitantly, they are there to be taken and their whinging after the Meath game is a terrible sign.
.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think it was whinging kev …i’d say it was a chance to have a dig at reilly, who a few years previous ran off to twitter after a match to criticize Dermot Earley for trying to eye gouge him…that would be my take on it…

Was not aware of that, however it was stupid as it was nothing more than hard play. The result of it is pretty irrelevant.

Eddie Kinsella is the referee for tomorrow’s game between Roscommon and Armagh - hopefully he won’t be a decisive factor in the game like he has in the two other televised games he took charge of this year.

You mean you hope he lets Armagh away with their filthy tactics?

:rolleyes:

Armagh don’t play filthy tactics, they are a tough team who won’t take a backwards step. Kinsella seems to be a referee who favours one side over another and gives some very soft frees. He has already screwed Roscommon over this year. I just hope he isn’t the decisive figure again for the third televised game in a row.

He’ll ride ye rotten

Armagh don’t play filthy tactics, they are a tough team who won’t take a backwards step. Kinsella seems to be a referee who favours one side over another and gives some very soft frees. He has already screwed Roscommon over this year. I just hope he isn’t the decisive figure again for the third televised game in a row.[/QUOTE]
Getting the excuses in early.

Incorrect, it could impact either way. It’s just disappointing that a referee whose poor performances have already influenced two results has been tasked with being the man in the middle again.

It’s the GAA fella, a good balanced ref at IC level is the exception to the rule. The nature of the system of selection means you have to be a sneaky little shot if a luck arse to even be acknowledged within your own county, not to mind Ireland to be brought thru.

It’s the elephant in the corner if the room that anyone involved sees except authority.

Bomber, will Armagh win? I’m selecting my accumulator now.

:smiley:

I would fancy them, yes. Dyas has been outstanding this year for Armagh and has been the best no. 11 in the Championship this year. They badly need him fit with the two Raffertys and Toner out.