All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Free to Clare 65metres out with 90 seconds of injurt time played… last chance saloon… goes wide

FT
Clare 0-12
Kildare 0-13

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 986116, member: 48”]Really looking forward to this game in the Hyde.

I can see the Armagh defence unsettling the young Roscommon forwards early on by getting in their face and perhaps starting a row.

Jamie Clarke will be the difference. Armagh by 2[/QUOTE]
Well called. Good win away from home. They may stifle the better teams, but they won’t beat anyone of real significance

Shut up.

They don’t have the class bomber, simple as that.

They scored 1-14 from play against a side who were set up extremely defensively. There are pently of really good footballers on display there, probably lacking another top class forward to push on to the next level but Armagh seem to be getting better with every game. If we can get the two Raffertys back then Armagh are some force to be reckoned with.

Tony Kernan is finally beginning to look the deal at county level.

They’re building momentum and could well take Meath, and it wouldn’t be entirely unforeseeable for them to beat, say, Monaghan in a quarter-final. Dublin in a semi-final would certainly prove a bridge too far if they were to get there, however.

Monaghan v Donegal today is a very difficult one to call. I’ll give the Farney men the nod by a point or two but a replay is a very possible outcome. Today will tell us a huge amount about where Donegal really stand this year and that’s the most interesting aspect of the match.

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 986474, member: 2660”]They’re building momentum and could well take Meath, and it wouldn’t be entirely unforeseeable for them to beat, say, Monaghan in a quarter-final. Dublin in a semi-final would certainly prove a bridge too far if they were to get there, however.

Monaghan v Donegal today is a very difficult one to call. I’ll give the Farney men the nod by a point or two but a replay is a very possible outcome. Today will tell us a huge amount about where Donegal really stand this year and that’s the most interesting aspect of the match.[/QUOTE]

I have taken a small punt on Donegal at 6/5.

Just setting off for Clones now. Where are you pinting pre-match @croppy_boy?

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 986474, member: 2660”]They’re building momentum and could well take Meath, and it wouldn’t be entirely unforeseeable for them to beat, say, Monaghan in a quarter-final. Dublin in a semi-final would certainly prove a bridge too far if they were to get there, however.

Monaghan v Donegal today is a very difficult one to call. I’ll give the Farney men the nod by a point or two but a replay is a very possible outcome. Today will tell us a huge amount about where Donegal really stand this year and that’s the most interesting aspect of the match.[/QUOTE]

I think Monaghan are slightly stronger in the middle sector than Donegal and would expect them to edge that sector. I would also expect McManus and Hughes to get more joy out of the Donegal full back line than Murphy and McFadden get out of Monaghans. Expect a very close and intense game.

Armagh won’t fear anyone outside Ulster.

Meath are superior.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 986494, member: 2533”]I think Monaghan are slightly stronger in the middle sector than Donegal and would expect them to edge that sector. I would also expect McManus and Hughes to get more joy out of the Donegal full back line than Murphy and McFadden get out of Monaghans. Expect a very close and intense game.

Armagh won’t fear anyone outside Ulster.[/QUOTE]
Ah stop will ya.

is lacey playing?..you’d think mcgunness with his skill will have Donegal absolutely primed for this considering they knew theyd be here since after Derry game…is Hughes fit for Monaghan? He has done well on magee in the past…i think Donegal will win but too many variables to take such a small price…draw would be value bet.think I’ll do meath/dublin ht/ft at 5/1…expect Meath to give dubs a right game…

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 986472, member: 2533”]They scored 1-14 from play against a side who were set up extremely defensively. There are pently of really good footballers on display there, probably lacking another top class forward to push on to the next level but Armagh seem to be getting better with every game. If we can get the two Raffertys back then Armagh are some force to be reckoned with.

Tony Kernan is finally beginning to look the deal at county level.[/QUOTE]
caolin rafferty looks a very talented player…solos into trouble sometimes but looks very natural on the ball…reminds me of Dermot Connolly when he first came on the scene for dubs…just needs to learn to grab a game by the scruff like Connolly has…how long is he out for?

Broke his hand about 4 weeks ago, did a bad job on it so I’d say QF would be his earliest if Armagh make it. He’s meant to be off to the States next year which will be a big blow.

Armagh played a more clever game than Rosscommon but the pitch, the ref and the age profile suited Armagh far more than I had anticipated.
How Forker didn’t get a black card early in is beyond me and the ref let Armagh pull the should back all day. It’s ironic that anyone would have been worried about him from an Armagh point if view. Another trip just before half time that wa a clear black card Armagh got away with.
The point on Dyas is laughable, not a bad player but is not a great no. 11 yet. I actually think Tony Kernan played the No. 11 role very well.
However I did like Armaghs use if the long ball.

Another ref though and they could end up with 3-4 black cards.

Rosscommon were awful btw.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 986542, member: 273”]Armagh played a more clever game than Rosscommon but the pitch, the ref and the age profile suited Armagh far more than I had anticipated.
How Forker didn’t get a black card early in is beyond me and the ref let Armagh pull the should back all day. It’s ironic that anyone would have been worried about him from an Armagh point if view. Another trip just before half time that wa a clear black card Armagh got away with.
The point on Dyas is laughable, not a bad player but is not a great no. 11 yet. I actually think Tony Kernan played the No. 11 role very well.
However I did like Armaghs use if the long ball.

Another ref though and they could end up with 3-4 black cards.[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous analysis of the game, there were absolutely nothing in the game worthy of a black card in the whole match. Armagh were very harshly treated by the referee, the four frees in the first half were ridiculous calls and Harold and Findon were rode all day at kickouts, being penalised when they were actually the ones being fouled.

Kernan didn’t play at 11 either, Dyas is the link man in the forward line and has been magnificent this season.

Saw dyas play centre back for abbey cbs against pats navan in the Hogan cup final good few years ago…he was fookin outstanding…he was like a young Steven o brien from cork.everywhere the ball went, he was there and taking off on another run up field…took him time to readjust after returning from Oz but he is having a great season…

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 986549, member: 2533”]Ridiculous analysis of the game, there were absolutely nothing in the game worthy of a black card in the whole match. Armagh were very harshly treated by the referee, the four frees in the first half were ridiculous calls and Harold and Findon were rode all day at kickouts, being penalised when they were actually the ones being fouled.

Kernan didn’t play at 11 either, Dyas is the link man in the forward line and has been magnificent this season.[/QUOTE]
Proof if ever there was that you don’t know the game, the rules or whats going on. Kernan was out around the 40 for massive parts of the game and kicked a few superb passes that led to scores. He was often starting the play in closer to goal, but he was playing the real No.11 role. Dyas was just droppping back, but the main link man was McKeever who had his best game in a while.

The ref let Armagh away with constant fouling, especially this pushing a guy on the ground down onto the ground. Its ridiculous this has not been stamped out.