All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Meath playing some nice football but Dublin look like they can score goals at will.

you mightnt have noticed but hes actually got a late tackle nearly every ball he’s got

Jesus the lads are still waffling on about the “disallowed goal.”

Connolly is having a bit of a throwback performance. Casual about everything.

No doubt the ref is reffing the 2 teams differently.

Newman having a poor kicking day. Dublin still very suceptable to long ball and/or high ball. Again, another reaon Monaghan/Donegal could cause issues for them.

He’s a hot headed fool and I think he’s going have his temperament targeted by teams now, referees seem to be scared to deal with him though.

carney is pulling dubs for everything…seriously biased…

Dublin are a joy to watch.

The physical gap between Dublin and the other counties in Leinster is staggering.

This could be a cricket score at the end unless meath get their act together.

Mcmanamon says he goes for the crossbar!

I would say the rest of the country.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 986588, member: 273”]No doubt the ref is reffing the 2 teams differently.
.[/QUOTE]
Ah Kev. There have been a couple of mistakes, he’s been too fussy. He’s not deliberately biased though.

No, not biased, just has different applications for either side, it happens alot and its because of pre-conceived ideas. I think its an awful sign of a ref, and its in tune with what i think of Hughes anyway.

Dublin are class, no two ways about it. But Alan Brogan is what makes the forwards tick, he he sheer class, fantastic football intelligence. All the quick offloads and movement comes from his play.

Arguably Costello could start ahead of McManamin, but otherwise thats Dublins best forward line. Its a seriours set. Mannions balance is ridiculous. They all are good overall forwards with one or two very special attributes.

However this game is no good for them. They will get rough treatment in their next 1-2 games. The referee appointment and weather will be huge. I’m sure they’d prefer a tougher game though. Still suspect to long ball though, and its why along with every other attribute that Donegal should give them the best game this year.

Nah Fenway, they are ahead, but a few other teams are much closer. Nobody has asked real questions yet this year bar Cork for 35 minutes.

Kev,
That match against Cork is no barometer. You cant compare League to Championship. This is potentially the greatest squad of players I have ever seen. They are far superior to any teams currently. IMHO of course.

surprised a purist like yourself hasn’t noticed how niggley Meath have been…

[QUOTE=“fenwaypark, post: 986609, member: 276”]Kev,
That match against Cork is no barometer. You cant compare League to Championship. This is potentially the greatest squad of players I have ever seen. They are far superior to any teams currently. IMHO of course.[/QUOTE]
I’m not saying that Cork gamer is the barometer, but for that 35 mins Cork dictated play. Against Laois Dublin were just very poor for a long while.

They have been very dominant for a long time in Leinster, i’d wait before anointing them the best ever yet. They routinely do this to teams in Leinster, Donegal and Mayo at least are hugely different propositions. Last year they only beat Mayo by a point.

Game over.

Mcmanamon on fire today. 1-4 today.