All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 990196, member: 2533”]Saying I don’t understand isn’t in anyway convincing, Kevin. People develop intuition, it can’t be trained by anyone else, it’s just something that they develop by themselves. You seem to saying Kerrigan can have his poor decision making coached out of him by others, I am saying he can’t, he can only rectify that himself and if he hasn’t done that after near ten years of inter county football he’s not going to do it and the reason for that is he doesn’t half a top class football brain to match his other attributes.

The tripe you have posted to justify your argument has made you look seriously naive. I find it amusing the way you accuse other people of being narrow minded when you constantly reference books you are currently reading to validate your opinions.[/QUOTE]
what books and where are they referenced? That last sentence is a bizarre contradiction.
I know you can improve decision making in players thru specially designed drills in football for instance. Its the same in all sports. But thats from actually doing this and seeing results. The books, studies and study only give you the theory or the ideas, practice is what gives you the real knowledge and results.
I think you were unable to improve and either failed to take instruction or had shite coaches. But just because your experience is limited and low standard doesn’t mean everyone’s is.

Its tragic you can’t get the concept that the brain can be developed. Its like the comment you made about me aducating myself in my 30’s. Do you think you stop learning at 24/25 or something? Its absolutely mind boggling dumb and narrow mindedness at the highest level.

Anyway that’s the end of it, you don’t want to learn, it can’t be forced.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 990236, member: 273”]what books and where are they referenced? That last sentence is a bizarre contradiction.
I know you can improve decision making in players thru specially designed drills in football for instance. Its the same in all sports. But thats from actually doing this and seeing results. The books, studies and study only give you the theory or the ideas, practice is what gives you the real knowledge and results.
I think you were unable to improve and either failed to take instruction or had shite coaches. But just because your experience is limited and low standard doesn’t mean everyone’s is.

Its tragic you can’t get the concept that the brain cannot be developed. Its like the comment you made about me aducating myself in my 30’s. Do you think you stop learning at 24/25 or something? Its absolutely mind boggling dumb and narrow mindedness at the highest level.[/QUOTE]

The books example wasn’t specific to this matter but you have precedence in throwing out a book that you are currently reading in order to validate a point you are making and then you have the temerity to tell people they can’t think for themselves, which was the contradiction.

Once again, you can’t train or coach decision making, players can only develop that themselves. My football brain was excellent when I played, more the fact that I didn’t bulk myself up into a beefcake and lacked the dedication required would have been the issues. Unlike you, I am not offering my opinion as fact, I am just speaking of my experiences and views. Kerrigan doesn’t have a great footballing brain to match his other attributes and there is no coaching or training that can be used to match that.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 990259, member: 2533”]The books example wasn’t specific to this matter but you have precedence in throwing out a book that you are currently reading in order to validate a point you are making and then you have the temerity to tell people they can’t think for themselves, which was the contradiction.

Once again, you can’t train or coach decision making, players can only develop that themselves. My football brain was excellent when I played, more the fact that I didn’t bulk myself up into a beefcake and lacked the dedication required would have been the issues. Unlike you, I am not offering my opinion as fact, I am just speaking of my experiences and views. Kerrigan doesn’t have a great footballing brain to match his other attributes and there is no coaching or training that can be used to match that.[/QUOTE]
Ya ya.

Good point, well argued.

Yesterday evening I was down fishing with 2 small lads and brought the radio to listen to the Galway/Tipp game on “Saturday Sport”.
The panel consisted of Des Cahill, Michael Meehan, John Doyle and John Evans.
I’m not sure which “expert” - unlikely to be Meehan, proclaimed, to agreement, that the bigger Croke Park pitch wouldn’t suit the Galway full-back line, or their defence in general, as they were likely to be shredded in the bigger arena.
I had doubts, checked there now and they’re all fucking spoofers.
O’Connor Park - (145m X 90m)…Croke Park - (144.5m X 88m)…Why pay those dumb cunts. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 990545, member: 246”]Yesterday evening I was down fishing with 2 small lads and brought the radio to listen to the Galway/Tipp game on “Saturday Sport”.
I’m not sure which “expert” - unlikely to be Meehan, proclaimed, to agreement, that the bigger Croke Park pitch wouldn’t suit the Galway full-back line, or their defence in general, as they were likely to be shredded in the bigger arena.
O’Connor Park - (145m X 90m)…Croke Park - (144.5m X 88m)…Why pay those dumb cunts. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
John Doyle is a wee bit simple bless.

I think Cork will rattle Mayos cage next week.The players and management have a serious point to prove.Mayo are a well drilled team but most of their bigs win come when they catch the reigning all ireland champions on the hop.Mayo lost 2 all ireland finals because they don’t have quality forwards.We need to work on our blankett defence and our counterattacking game.We have the players in Paddy Kelly Mark Collins Colm O’Driscoll and Paul Kerrigan to be devastating on the break.We need to disrupt that Mayo midfield and half back line by any means fair and foul.I worry about our kickouts and our ball winning ability at midfield but i think there is one big performance in this team.

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 990545, member: 246”]Yesterday evening I was down fishing with 2 small lads and brought the radio to listen to the Galway/Tipp game on “Saturday Sport”.
O’Connor Park - (145m X 90m)…Croke Park - (144.5m X 88m)…Why pay those dumb cunts. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
I made the same mistake before the Tipp game. I thought Tullamore was tighter as well.

I can’t see it now BC. Aidan o Se could roast Clancy. And if Cork play with Colm O Driscoll back where he was Saturday Boyle and Keegan will just trot up and have shots from everywhere. Cork are set up to draw Mayo’s strongest line on them.

It could be ugly.

Ah this old chestnut.

To say Mayo don’t have quality forwards is utter bollocks.

Sunday is definitely a banana skin for them though

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 990770, member: 48”]Ah this old chestnut.

Sunday is definitely a banana skin for them though[/QUOTE]
Cillian O’Connor is an outstanding forward, possibly the best in the country over the past 2 years or so. Hard to believe he’s still only 22.

what qualification are you a few years away from Kev?

James O’Donoghue is without a doubt the best forward in the country.

Damnit, I typed 2, I meant to type 3 years, thereby somewhat negating the inclusion of O Donoghue. I did say possibly just to cover myself.

:clap: Mickee, you’re not allowed disappear like that while your home is being shelled.

There are plenty better forwards than O’Connor around.

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 990770, member: 48”]Ah this old chestnut.

Sunday is definitely a banana skin for them though[/QUOTE]
Ya i agree, its a load of shite. O Connor is a superstar of Gaelic Football.
They have just been beaten by better teams on the day. The only Mayo team that (in my lifetime) left an All Ireland behind them was in '96 drawn game.

Name them.

O’Donoghue, Clarke, McManus, Murphy, Hughes, McCurry, Brogan for a start.

In two All Ireland semi finals and two All Ireland finals O’Connor has scored the grand total of a point from play. That’s pretty shocking from your marquee forward.

Not too many playing to his standard consistently over the past 3 years which was my point. I would agree you could pick any of

Cooper
B Brogan
McManus
Munnelly
O Neill
Clarke
Connolly
James O Donoghue
M Murphy

to name 9 off the top of my head, but to his standard these past 3 years? Only probably Cooper, JOD and maybe Connolly.