All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 952783, member: 2533”]@thedancingbaby

Audio commentary here for you if it will work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/27254205
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Bomber, will give it a go. When you have a choice between Munster hurling and Ulster football, there’s only one winner

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 952777, member: 2533”]Yeah, I was surprised they done so poorly in the league, would have expected them to have secured promotion.

It’s also ironic that Kevin spends the whole time slating Ulster football and bigging up Cork, all this time when their best player last season was poached from Antrim.[/QUOTE]
If poaching is meeting a girl from mallow at college or work in Dublin and moving down then we need to start lining the women up at kent station and packing them on their way.

You’d hardly criticize a lad for getting away from the dreg that is Antrim GAA for a job in a sunnier climate. Not to mention the chance of success.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 952789, member: 273”]If poaching is meeting a girl from mallow at college or work in Dublin and moving down then we need to start lining the women up at kent station and packing them on their way.

You’d hardly criticize a lad for getting away from the dreg that is Antrim GAA for a job in a sunnier climate. Not to mention the chance of success.[/QUOTE]

I just find it strange you talk about how great Cork are and how rubbish Ulster football is, yet your best player last year is from Ulster.

Goal for Antrim.

Gap down to 4 in Enniskillen.

1-10 to 1-6

2-11 to 1-6

Antrim seem to be steamrolling Fermanagh here, plenty of goal chances being created for them.

Antrim 2-17 Fermanagh 1-09

Going by the radio commentary Antrim should be ahead by a lot more.

Antrim 2-17 Fermanagh 2-11

Kevin. you’re of the opinion that Conor Gormley and Colm McFadden were shit in the 2013 championship. Please explain how both were nominated for All-Stars.

Antrim 2-18 Fermanagh 3-13

2-18 to 3-13 with time almost up

Fermanagh had a great chance that was saved on the line with the very last kick of the game. Sounded like a cracking game.

Gaelic Football :clap:

Going on previous standards McFadden was shit. He was lazy and uninterested many times.
I never said Gormley was shit, I said he is past it and was not great last year. His major issue is fading in games.

Both have media familiarity. All Stars are a farce. The people picking them have made many glaring errors over the years. If they were that great their peers would have picked them. Next.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 952843, member: 273”]Going on previous standards McFadden was shit. He was lazy and uninterested many times.
I never said Gormley was shit, I said he is past it and was not great last year. His major issue is fading in games.

Both have media familiarity. All Stars are a farce. The people picking them have made many glaring errors over the years. Next.[/QUOTE]

You have said he was given the runaround last year which is fantasy on your part.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 952780, member: 273”]So you have whittled down from my general knowledge of football to just my Tyrone opinion? That’s some jump in fairness.
Seen 3/4 games this year, would have to think about it. I saw Donegal, Kildare & Mayo last year.

Btw, while the game does change, it doesn’t change half as much as people think. The best players with the best talent and best coaches still win. Desire to win and the ability to score are still the most important things.[/QUOTE]

Not at all, Kev. Just pointing out your regular ability to take opposite stances with ease and to introduce sweeping generalisations. Your observations were about Tyrone, which is why we’re discussing them.
An example is your criticism of Cavanagh. Strange that he’s a) not capable of 70 mins, b) Liable to go missing, and c) Showing up his overtraining over the years(overtraining? never heard you ring that bell before…) but is still able to provide one of the defining moments of the football season in his thirties by rugby tackling a lad outside his own area for a crucial intervention towards the end of a massive game.
Don’t let the obvious contradiction trouble your unparalleled GAA intelligence, just hit us with a few more sweeping statements backed up by S & C bolloxology.

He was detroyed by mayo after half time.

[QUOTE=“Juhniallio, post: 952848, member: 53”]Not at all, Kev. Just pointing out your regular ability to take opposite stances with ease and to introduce sweeping generalisations. Your observations were about Tyrone, which is why we’re discussing them.
An example is your criticism of Cavanagh. Strange that he’s a) not capable of 70 mins, b) Liable to go missing, and c) Showing up his overtraining over the years(overtraining? never heard you ring that bell before…) but is still able to provide one of the defining moments of the football season in his thirties by rugby tackling a lad outside his own area for a crucial intervention towards the end of a massive game.
Don’t let the obvious contradiction trouble your unparalleled GAA intelligence, just hit us with a few more sweeping statements backed up by S & C bolloxology.[/QUOTE]
Your ignorance is bemeausing. I can’t explain S&C to you over a forum.
I was talking about gormley re: over training.
And if rugby tackling is your pinnacle of Gaelic football then I’m glad you have fuck all to do with it.

No, he wasn’t. Tyrone were destroyed at midfield. I thought the Tyrone defence were outstanding in the Mayo game considering the amount of ball they had to deal with. Gormley was playing full back and he restricted Freeman to 1 point from play. He was also put in at full back to pick up Kieran Hughes against Monaghan and has done as good a job as you are ever likely to see on Hughes - last year and in the future.

@caoimhaoin being roasted here