All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Wasting a lot of electricity too.

There are at least 4 clubs in Cork with as good facilities, I’m sure there are others elsewhere. Is there not a pitch with a viewing stand?

What’s the round bit in the middle for? Bareknuckle? They can rent it out for horse fairs,weddings,funerals etc.

Dog fighting

Interesting proposals:

GAA CHIEFS HAVE today put forward innovative plans to revamp the football championship.

The Football Review Committee propose that each provincial championship starts with eight teams.

Teams will play off beforehand in preliminary ties based on league position. And the losers of those respective games will shift provinces to make up the numbers elsewhere.

“The intercounty provincial championships should begin with eight teams in each province,” the FRC’s proposal reads. “Teams playing in the preliminary games in Leinster (3) and Ulster (1) should be determined by National League position in the previous year.

“It is our proposal that once these games, A, B and C in Leinster and D in Ulster are decided, the losing teams in these four games move province for the provincial series. The draw will have determined which two teams from games, A, B and C in Leinster go to Munster with the third going to Connacht. The team beaten in Ulster (game D) would move to Connacht.”

Eugene McGee’s FRC have suggested the 16-team qualifiers should remain the same while they recommend the All-Ireland club championship be played off by the end of November.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 871628, member: 1786”]Interesting proposals:

Eugene McGee’s FRC have suggested the 16-team qualifiers should remain the same while they recommend the All-Ireland club championship be played off by the end of November.[/quote]
Not bloody likely.

I propose that the entire AI club championship series moves into the following year to be run off in March/April.

We dont seem to have a seconder so that motion cannot go forward to congress. Neeeeeeext.

Am I missing something or is this Larry McGann of Knocknavanna Gaels a fictional character from a fictional club and Eugene McGee’s attempt at humour? His articles in The Irish Independent are utterly shite and today’s one is particularly bad.

I despise people who invent parody GAA characters in an attempt at humour.

That “The Fielder” bastard in the Sindo is a particularly shite example of the genre.

Dickhead cahill was always at that craic too

Bump.

Dublin will be red hot favourties, when they hit their groove they are very tough to stay in touch with never mind matching so they will justifiably be the team to beat. I think performances like today will add more motivation to the challengers and they know the level required to beat Dublin is going to have to be high.

Mayo and Cork seem to be the bookies favourites to challenge. Mayo lack the forwards, they have some really average players knocking about in that full forward line and there is nobody there who will take the leadership role to get big scores. Cork have some lovely footballers but I’m unconvinced about them, they had an easy league draw and they seem to have some very windy footballers who don’t want to know about it when the game is in the melting pot.

Kerry and Tyrone are up next - both these sides had mixed league campaigns and are both going through transitional periods after the breakup of the two sides that dominated the game for 00s. Yet while most pundits would have dismissed them last year they were both in the last four and are evidently ahead of the progress expected. They had a lot of players, certainly in Tyrone’s case, who were having their first year as starting players and the natural expectation is that this will have stood to them. I think they are much more likely contenders than aforementioned two.

Finally we have Monaghan and Donegal. Forget about Donegal - they’re done. Monaghan are the standout team for me, they are a big physical, athletic team and the likes of Mone, McManus, the Hughes brothers and Finlay would walk onto just about any side in the country. Defensively they are the best around and they have a good variety in their attack with Kieran Hughes being a great target man if they wish to let it in.

You are very bitter.

Rumours circulating that Conor McManus suffered a very bad injury playing for his club on Friday night. This would be a catastrophic blow for Monaghan.

New York vs Mayo gets us under way tonight.

Mayo by 25+ for me

Latest…Mayo 0-9 New York 0-2

Just reading that McManus has picked up knee and ankle injuries and will be going for scans tomorrow. Doesn’t sound good for him going on that basis.

Full Time…Mayo 4-18 New York 0-8