All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

He was very strong. Was he not a stone mason or something?

He laid pipes or something.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 955481, member: 273”]It is farmer. You are re-writing history now. I’m a huge fan of McDonald but he had too many no-shows and off days to be compared to Maurice Fitz. His kicking could be beautiful, but he hit a lot of wides too going for the spectacular. Fitz only went for it if it was needed.

There is simply no comparision. Similar in ways, but great greats have consistency of performance.

And the pressure is what made MF point better. To ignore the magnitude of that would be silly.[/QUOTE]

I can’t agree with that Kev. To me McDonald had fuck all wides going for the spectacular. He was genuinely a class act.

He was in my altitude spinning class for a couple of sessions last year. Seriously well built.

Oh nurse :o

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 955481, member: 273”]It is farmer. You are re-writing history now. I’m a huge fan of McDonald but he had too many no-shows and off days to be compared to Maurice Fitz. His kicking could be beautiful, but he hit a lot of wides too going for the spectacular. Fitz only went for it if it was needed.

There is simply no comparision. Similar in ways, but great greats have consistency of performance.

And the pressure is what made MF point better. To ignore the magnitude of that would be silly.[/QUOTE]

You said McDonald was an inferior player in skill, please stick to your own parameters when discussing matters.

I recall Micheal O’Muckyhearttick the old cunt waffling on about this once. He said that those in the know in Mayo thought he laid pipes better than anyone. This apparently gives an indication of how good of a footballer he is as he needed to be very exact.

Its quite a subjective area you’d feel. He was involved in the pipeline around Carlow not long back, presume its a family business or something?

Safe to say he laid some amount of pipe around Mayo anyway.

Wasn’t he allegedly piping Mrs. Maughan?

Or Mrs Fallon or Mrs Holmes depending on who you believe.

Is this a scene from one of your recent wet dreams? :smiley:

On an unrelated note, I was just researching the 2004 All Ireland as a matter of nostalgia. Fermanagh’s run to the All Ireland semi-final was extremely impressive that year.

Knocked out by Tyrone in Ulster, losing by 4 points.
Received a bye against Tipperary in the first round of the qualifiers.
Beat Meath by a point in round 2
Beat Cork by 7 points in round 3.
Beat Donegal by a point in round 4.
Beat Armagh by a point in the quarter final.
Lost by a point to Mayo in the semi-final replay.

I’m sure they would have given Kerry a much tougher game in the final rather than the usual folding job Mayo do at that stage.

Whatever happened to Charlie Mulgrew (not Celtic’s Chazza) after he left Fermanagh? I know he was in line for the Donegal job in the aftermath but got overlooked and I haven’t heard anything since about him. Taking a county like Fermanagh so close to an All Ireland final was a remarkable achievement.

I’m asexual, therefore I don’t have wet dreams. Why? Did my writing turn you on?

It made me laugh actually, hence the smiley face!

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 955506, member: 2533”]On an unrelated note, I was just researching the 2004 All Ireland as a matter of nostalgia. Fermanagh’s run to the All Ireland semi-final was extremely impressive that year.

I’m sure they would have given Kerry a much tougher game in the final rather than the usual folding job Mayo do at that stage.

Whatever happened to Charlie Mulgrew (not Celtic’s Chazza) after he left Fermanagh? I know he was in line for the Donegal job in the aftermath but got overlooked and I haven’t heard anything since about him. Taking a county like Fermanagh so close to an All Ireland final was a remarkable achievement.[/QUOTE]

One of my favourite ever GAA memories came after the Fermanagh Armagh match. Niall Bogue, Fermanagh’s corner back won MOTM and RTE went to under the Cusack Stand to present him with the crystal and have a brief interview. They went too early and the interviewer wasn’t ready, so Bogue was just standing there. The look on his face was of sheer disbelief and he said ‘Jesus fucking Christ’. It was as if he was assessing the enormity of what the team he was part of had done. The county with the smallest number of senior clubs in Ireland beating the might of Armagh in an All Ireland quarter final. The stuff of dreams and what is so great about our national game.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 955506, member: 2533”]On an unrelated note, I was just researching the 2004 All Ireland as a matter of nostalgia. Fermanagh’s run to the All Ireland semi-final was extremely impressive that year.

Whatever happened to Charlie Mulgrew (not Celtic’s Chazza) after he left Fermanagh? I know he was in line for the Donegal job in the aftermath but got overlooked and I haven’t heard anything since about him. Taking a county like Fermanagh so close to an All Ireland final was a remarkable achievement.[/QUOTE]
Had a bit of a falling out with John Joe Doherty over the Donegal job, all got very messy. He had some excellent footballers in that Fermanagh team in Barry Owens and Marty McGrath, some very decent operators like Mark Little, the Maguires and Sherry but he made great use out of mullockers like McBarron then as well.

Fair fucks to Owens for still fighting the good fight even now as a full forward last weekend against Antrim.

Rory Gallagher who would have been their star player around that time had opted off the panel as well that year. Armagh were strong favourites for the All Ireland that year as well if I recall correctly.

He’s still at it!

I thought he quit years back with injury.

Classy player.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 955516, member: 24”]He’s still at it!

Classy player.[/QUOTE]

He had a heart ailment/defect or something similar IIRC

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 955516, member: 24”]He’s still at it!

Classy player.[/QUOTE]
I was surprised too when I saw him pop up Sunday night, but its him alright, 1.20 here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urIFmmTL8d0