All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Where is the talk coming from that Costello is ‘completely’ unproven? Notwithstanding his u21 displays, he was one of Dublin’s better forwards when he played in the league campaign.

He’s “unproven” in this instance for two reasons

1. The person referring to him is talking through his hole
  2. The person referring to him hasn’t seen a game of football in quite some time

Costello is an absolute gem.

Kev, apologies for missing the point (excellent pun by the way). I naively assumed what you were talking about based on what you had written, rather than what you meant.

Dublin’s shooting accuracy is lower than might be expected because of their willingness to go for goals, because their style and instructions encourages them to shoot from further out. I can’t imagine how it’s anything other than a blinkered view to argue that they were not the best forward line last year.

Bringing it all back to Cork is fairly pathetic. You’re just listing off young players and assuming they’re all of similar ability if they’re the same age. You’ve selected a stronger bench on the basis of league matches this year I think. Sure nearly every player is in the bench at one stage. You acknowledge that at least one of those won’t be on the bench in the Championship so it’s entirely irrelevant. But that doesn’t stop you concluding that a 4 all star bench is better than Dublin’s. This is contrary to your previous arguments that only two are relevant, that Cullen is past it so his all stars don’t count and that Dublin’s top 2 subs would be on any other team.

Betfair spread on Dublin is 10.5. Worth backing against that as it looks very high

Poor enough fare early on in Hyde Park. Mayo with a few wides already.

Mayo’s forwards still look as average as ever.

There’s something unceasingly grim about the Connacht Football championship. Shit teams playing in shit grounds in front of simpleton supporters.

Alan Freeman is diving all over the place. Ridiculous stuff. Referee has bought two of them so far. I fucking hate Mayo.

1-7 to 0-4 in favour of Kildare after 20mins

Is Donie Shine injured?

The graveyard behind the goal is probably the most lively thing about it.

Shooting from Mayo is embarrassing, their forward line really is second rate.

Is it wrong to be enjoying this game as turgid as it is?

Dont tar the games aristocrats with this otherwise accurate brush. Tuam is the dourest venue in ireland though.

Very poor fare here. Pitch looks to be rather slow/heavy which isn’t helping

1-11 to 0-4, Kildare pulling away here and should have had a few more goals

He is playing centre forward! touched the ball for the first time there 2 minutes ago:eek:

Mayo’s defence has been excellent

Shocking stuff

Amazing how inter-county players can’t kick the ball over the bar from 30 yards out, straight in front of the goal.