All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=216269

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 945026, member: 180”][MEDIA=twitter]466663598971166720[/MEDIA]

A damn fine minor but this seems bizarre all the same.[/QUOTE]

The way football is gone, speed and strength are more important than actual skill.
You’d be seething if you were knocking around the edge of the team though.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 945140, member: 332”]The way football is gone, speed and strength are more important than actual skill.
You’d be seething if you were knocking around the edge of the team though.[/QUOTE]

I’d imagine the lad will be a donkey.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 945140, member: 332”]The way football is gone, speed and strength are more important than actual skill.
You’d be seething if you were knocking around the edge of the team though.[/QUOTE]
He was an outstanding prospect as a minor, but you’d wonder how mobile he is for gaelic at this stage of the game. Some are comparing to Tadhg, but while Keneally was playing a donkeys game, it at least somewhat compared to gaelic football, he was playing gaelic everytime he came home year on year, and had the league to bed in.

However saying that, he will bring a lot to set up with regards professionalism and a different outlook. I dont think they have anything to lose to be honest.

Eoghan O Gara sticking it to the cunts who doubted him http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-s-late-bloomer-ready-to-make-capital-1.1795950?page=1

The men who will fight the latest Battle of Aughrim, sadly a long way off the class of 86 but at least there’s no Offaly cunt reffing this time and I believe the pitch is now fenced as well

Graham Brody (Portlaoise)
Padraig McMahon (Ballyroan Abbey)
Paul Begley (Stradbally)
Peter O’Leary (O’Dempsey’s)
Darren Strong (Emo)
Stephen Attride (Killeshin)
Robbie Kehoe (O’Dempsey’s)
Kevin Meaney (Arles-Kilcruise)
John O’Loughlin (St Brigid’s)
James Finn (Ballyfin)
Donal Kingston (Arles-Killeen)
Billy Sheehan (Emo)
Ross Munnelly (Arles-Kilcruise)
Conor Meredith (O’Dempsey’s)
David Conway (Arles-Kilcruise)

1 Portlaoise man and he’s their sub keeper, what a fucking joke. 3 first choice full backs absent so God help us there. Begley is honest as the day is long but susceptible to pace you’d fear. Attride at centre back is interesting to say the least, out since 1st round of the league after a cheap shot from Donegals Desperate Dan and I wouldn’t have put him down as a 6 thats for sure. A former Irish sprinter though so I guess he has that going for him. Kehoe comes in for injured Colm Begley and I imagine McMahon will move out to the wing with Kehoe dropping back.

All in all an average side in comparison to other years and that backline fills me with fear but should be enough to see off Wicklow and pick up the bogey prize of being cannon fodder to Dublin’s juggernaut in Croke Park.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 945158, member: 180”]He was an outstanding prospect as a minor, but you’d wonder how mobile he is for gaelic at this stage of the game. Some are comparing to Tadhg, but while Keneally was playing a donkeys game, it at least somewhat compared to gaelic football, he was playing gaelic everytime he came home year on year, and had the league to bed in.

However saying that, he will bring a lot to set up with regards professionalism and a different outlook. I dont think they have anything to lose to be honest.[/QUOTE]

true.
Kenneally was trucking around with Emmets at club level anytime he was at home. The North Kerry football championship generally finishes over Christmas or early the following year and Listowel were always in the final stages. Always played in the international rules series too so he was never away from the round ball for even a year.

I hope it works out for Duffy and Mayo at any rate . Best of luck to them

Not true, not true at all in fact. The vast majority of the players on all 34 IC panels have superior skill to what was there in the past. They’re after being coached better over the last few years. The next generation will be even better.

The game ha changed and sped up, I won’t argue that, but to say the most skillful are not coming thru is lazy RTE/pub talk. They are all highly skilled.

It’s tactics and managers that have changed the way it’s played. And that’s even gone full circle. Gaelic football is about 10-15 years away from it’s physical ceiling. When we reach that it will become an even bigger numbers game. Dublin, Cork, Mayo will dominate an might be joined by outer Dublin counties reaching out to their increased population base like Meath and Kildare in particular. You should in theory see Louth an Wicklow improve as well.

Then you’ll have Kerry, Galway and the stronger Northern Counties in or around that level as well. Tradition will mean even less in the near future. There are no secrets anymore and advantages teams like Kerry had will be evaporated.

This will in time lead to semi professionalism and regional teams. There is absolutely no doubt about it now. People have suggested it already this year. If it’s being talked about by IC players it’s in the conscience. It’s natural for the big wigs to talk it down, and no doubt they believe it. But the seed is sown. It will take 10 years for this idea to grow to another level if conscience and it will almost be a given by the time it’s really discussed. Domination from an even smaller group of teams will see to this.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 945494, member: 273”]to say the most skillful are not coming thru is lazy RTE/pub talk. They are all highly skilled.
[/QUOTE]
Last year’s footballer of the year has no skill whatsoever imho

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 945494, member: 273”]Not true, not true at all in fact. The vast majority of the players on all 34 IC panels have superior skill to what was there in the past. They’re after being coached better over the last few years. The next generation will be even better.

The game ha changed and sped up, I won’t argue that, but to say the most skillful are not coming thru is lazy RTE/pub talk. They are all highly skilled.

It’s tactics and managers that have changed the way it’s played. And that’s even gone full circle. Gaelic football is about 10-15 years away from it’s physical ceiling. When we reach that it will become an even bigger numbers game. Dublin, Cork, Mayo will dominate an might be joined by outer Dublin counties reaching out to their increased population base like Meath and Kildare in particular. You should in theory see Louth an Wicklow improve as well.

Then you’ll have Kerry, Galway and the stronger Northern Counties in or around that level as well. Tradition will mean even less in the near future. There are no secrets anymore and advantages teams like Kerry had will be evaporated.

This will in time lead to semi professionalism and regional teams. There is absolutely no doubt about it now. People have suggested it already this year. If it’s being talked about by IC players it’s in the conscience. It’s natural for the big wigs to talk it down, and no doubt they believe it. But the seed is sown. It will take 10 years for this idea to grow to another level if conscience and it will almost be a given by the time it’s really discussed. Domination from an even smaller group of teams will see to this.[/QUOTE]

Aidan Walsh can’t even kick the ball.

Ger Spillane won an All Star without kicking the ball once in the championship.

McIver has confirmed Bradley won’t be lining out for Derry this year, he recently signed a deal with Glenavon. Killian Clarke also looks like he will be unavailable for Cavan this year as he is heading to the US for the summer, big blow for them as he is one of the few very good players they have.

Two shots 4 years ago and you are still basing your opinion on him on that?
That’s pretty dumb.

Is that your only example?
He gets 4 steps and one bounce like everyone else.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 945534, member: 273”]Two shots 4 years ago and you are still basing your opinion on him on that?
That’s pretty dumb.[/QUOTE]

Aren’t you the fella who defended the system O’Grady was using with Limerick despite not having seen it?

You’re pretty dumb.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 945535, member: 273”]Is that your only example?
He gets 4 steps and one bounce like everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I think his point was that he was footballer of the year

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 945537, member: 332”]Aren’t you the fella who defended the system O’Grady was using with Limerick despite not having seen it?

You’re pretty dumb.[/QUOTE]
No I didn’t.

My point still stands. He clearly had the most influence on the championship, by a fair bit in fact.

big buddy of yours is he??..you him and Darragh…

If he was if surely have spelt either of his two names right.

Noel on the other hand