All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Suburban Perth. Your point? I’m pretty sure you are going to show even more ignorence to the wider gaa world here now, so save yourself.
I think you have a narrow view on the gaa, i don’t think that will ever change, i don’t think you agree with me on anything, no matter how right or how much sense i’m making. So just go back to your silly facts and puns

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 967525, member: 273”]Suburban Perth. Your point? I’m pretty sure you are going to show even more ignorence to the wider gaa world here now, so save yourself.
I think you have a narrow view on the gaa, i don’t think that will ever change, i don’t think you agree with me on anything, no matter how right or how much sense i’m making. So just go back to your silly facts and puns[/QUOTE]

That’s a very childish strop.

Suburban Perth. Your point? I’m pretty sure you are going to show even more ignorence to the wider gaa world here now, so save yourself.
I think you have a narrow view on the gaa, i don’t think that will ever change, i don’t think you agree with me on anything, no matter how right or how much sense i’m making. So just go back to your silly facts and puns

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 967525, member: 273”]Suburban Perth. Your point? I’m pretty sure you are going to show even more ignorence to the wider gaa world here now, so save yourself.
I think you have a narrow view on the gaa, i don’t think that will ever change, i don’t think you agree with me on anything, no matter how right or how much sense i’m making. So just go back to your silly facts and puns[/QUOTE]
You’re the one who brought up about who lives where, mate, so it’s interesting you asked me what my point is when you made that very “point” in the first place.

It’s pretty clear that you’re the one that has the narrow view of what the GAA is, given that your referencing of inner city Dublin was an obvious implication that people from there can’t understand what the GAA is, as if there was only one pure, GAA way.

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 967530, member: 2660”]You’re the one who brought up about who lives where, mate, so it’s interesting you asked me what my point is when you made that very “point” in the first place.

It’s pretty clear that you’re the one that has the narrow view of what the GAA is, given that your referencing of inner city Dublin was an obvious implication that people from there can’t understand what the GAA is, as if there was only one pure, GAA way.[/QUOTE]
No, its in reference to the fact that their numbers are not dropping, they are in fact in alot of cases growing. So no, Dublin teams would be unaware of alot of the problems elsewhere. I thought you would have been able to work that out.

good luck with that. had to try 5 or 6 pubs before I got Dublin v Wexford on Sky last week. They either didn’t have Sky or wouldn’t switch off soccer\rugby to put it on. One such pub was Mulligans on Poolbeg St which had 2 televisions - one with soccer, the other rugby and refused to changeover to the Dublin hurlers. Dublin supporters regularly sip ale there after big GAA games!!

The bar man in O’Reillys Tara street changed over to the hurling after a bit of persuasion. Tourists were well impressed with the hurling. I am unsure Galway v Sligo Connacht football will similarly excite

Inner city Dublin clubs’ numbers are not dropping due to there being pretty much no inner city Dublin clubs. You can’t drop from nothing.

Do up a poll maybe. I’m not getting on your case but I imagine it’s very different in dublin. Clubs don’t mean near as much in dublin as they do outside it, many dubs I know regularly go to Croker for big games but wouldn’t have any interest in the club championship. This is easily seen in the poor attendance figures the club championship gets in dublin. So it might be a cliche, but might be true as well.

I would question how often you have seen him play. Never cut it against Kerry on big days or at IC level at all, struggles to win his own ball. In fairness will do well when his team are well on top but goes missing when pressure is on. He can be brilliant at club level but can also be really bad. Not the sign of a great player.

Hasn’t the Dublin senior football final taken place on a Thursday night in Parnell Park in recent years? (admittedly due to the county teams extended run and a frantic rush to have a representative in Leinster). Playing a county final midweek just wouldn’t happen in many other counties.

You could be in for a struggle finding a pub showing Galway-Sligo. Middle of the tourist season and I’d imagine the world cup would dominate everywhere. Sinnott’s on Stephens Green has a load of screens and they may have it on one of the smaller screens. Watched loads of matches in there but never GAA, though.

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 967533, member: 1379”]good luck with that. had to try 5 or 6 pubs before I got Dublin v Wexford on Sky last week. They either didn’t have Sky or wouldn’t switch off soccer\rugby to put it on. One such pub was Mulligans on Poolbeg St which had 2 televisions - one with soccer, the other rugby and refused to changeover to the Dublin hurlers. Dublin supporters regularly sip ale there after big GAA games!!

The bar man in O’Reillys Tara street changed over to the hurling after a bit of persuasion. Tourists were well impressed with the hurling. I am unsure Galway v Sligo Connacht football will similarly excite[/QUOTE]

Fucks sake. Should drive it, but tullamore tomorrow

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 967541, member: 1552”]Hasn’t the Dublin senior football final taken place on a Thursday night in Parnell Park in recent years? (admittedly due to the county teams extended run and a frantic rush to have a representative in Leinster). Playing a county final midweek just wouldn’t happen in many other counties.

You could be in for a struggle finding a pub showing Galway-Sligo. Middle of the tourist season and I’d imagine the world cup would dominate everywhere. Sinnott’s on Stephens Green has a load of screens and they may have it on one of the smaller screens. Watched loads of matches in there but never GAA, though.[/QUOTE]

Was that a replay to get a team in in time for leinster? The football final is usually well attended, especially years dublin are goibg well. The hurling final and rounds leading up to it are very poor.

The place down the road from me in lucan has a designated gaa tv (rugby soccer racing too) but no chance of commentary there. I watched the galway dublin hurling league game there with another lad from galway, we were the only two watching it everyone else glued to soccer, even with a few lucan lads playing. Sad in a way.

He has, I won’t argue with a whole pile there. But he is a confidence player who needs confidence shown in him. I don’t believe tht was forthcoming either at club or county at times. However he was a stone overweight for a long time and I think it was restricting him and injuring him.
I think with the way the game is now and the management in place we will see the best if him, which is very very good. He looked sharp and was growing into it in the league games I saw.
I had seen plenty of him over the years, saw him up close a few times with CR, and a few club championship games as neutral and would have seen majority of performances with Cork. I have seen him hide too, against the Barr’s about 3-4 years ago in a 1/4 or 1/2, so I know what he can be like. I think you are being slight unfair on him though, and in the right environment he can be deadly. Some people don’t bother with players like that, but I think Cutbert is thinking CP and even if he doesn’t start he can score, had great movement and can pick a pass and maybe against tiring teams he can do damage. For now though confidence needs to be shown and time to get up to speed.

The only Club fixtures that tend to be badly affected by the IC scene tend to be Senior competitions, but that is down to success at IC level which is a burden/blessing I suppose.

The are good arguments made by Sid & Kev but in reality, my own club which is Junior standard saw a season last year last from May to October. So in that instance Kev’s argument is a little off. As for those players leaving for America during the season, that’s a personal decision the Gaa as an organisation can do sweet fuck all about.

Personally I find the lull in club games during the summer as a positive as 9 times out of 10 players are on holidays & at weddings etc so you will always be short a few.

The crux of Kev’s argument while commendable is wrong as he is blaming IC fixtures when in fact it is merely down to poor officiating at County Board levels. Within Tipp the Senior hurling championship has been restructured this year & more games than ever have been played so players can’t complain really. This has been achieved by fixing games during breaks in IC activity, other Counties refuse to do this so I find the argument that the Gaa HQ are leaving club players down ad redundant really.

Decent start here from Fermanagh against the breeze though I would still expect Laois to run out comfortable winners.

Laois wracking up some amount of wides but dominating the middle of the pitch.

Fermanagh nearly scored one of the most embarrassing own goals you’d ever see. :smiley:

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 967553, member: 1517”]The only Club fixtures that tend to be badly affected by the IC scene tend to be Senior competitions, but that is down to success at IC level which is a burden/blessing I suppose.

The are good arguments made by Sid & Kev but in reality, my own club which is Junior standard saw a season last year last from May to October. So in that instance Kev’s argument is a little off. As for those players leaving for America during the season, that’s a personal decision the Gaa as an organisation can do sweet fuck all about.

Personally I find the lull in club games during the summer as a positive as 9 times out of 10 players are on holidays & at weddings etc so you will always be short a few.

The crux of Kev’s argument while commendable is wrong as he is blaming IC fixtures when in fact it is merely down to poor officiating at County Board levels. Within Tipp the Senior hurling championship has been restructured this year & more games than ever have been played so players can’t complain really. This has been achieved by fixing games during breaks in IC activity, other Counties refuse to do this so I find the argument that the Gaa HQ are leaving club players down ad redundant really.[/QUOTE]
You haven’t a fucking clue.

Goal for Fermanagh.

1-06 to 0-06

I am actively involved at club level, fella. My time is foc. I am a volunteer.