All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Podge and Jamie malone picking up all the loose ball. Kerry taking short puckouts to avoid brennan, really not working for them. They have opened us up down the middle a few times, could have had a second goal.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 967959, member: 273”]Wtf are you on about?
What had donegal got to do with Derry?
End of discussion.[/QUOTE]
Holy fuck, he may as well have presented his arse to Boxy to ride him properly and be done with it :smiley:

Kerry with a relatively comfortable 4 point lead.

1.17 to 1.13 to Kerry. Decent performance by Clare. Disappointing really I think we missed 5 scoring chances in the last ten while going for goal.

1944 they beat cork.

Always had a suspicion about this Cubby lad. Talks a great game but unquestionably out of his depth here.

Good performance from Clare.

Great to see Paul Geaney have a good game, a classy player on my viewings and he’s had a tough time of it in the last 12 months.

That’s a pretty stupid post. Do you think he is out of his depth cos he never played Senior for Cork is it?
Tipp have a good side, I hope they get a decent draw to win a game or two and build experience. They are capable of taking a big enough scalp.
I’d live to see them get kerry at home down the road.
Never underestimate the 11 week break.

More talk about restructuring the Provincial Championships. I think the idea of assigning losing teams other provinces is ridiculous and a much better approach would be redrawing the borders.

Move Donegal, Fermanagh and Longford to Connacht.
Move Louth to Ulster.
Move Offaly and Laois to Munster.
Move London to Leinster.

Connacht would definitely be strengthened, Leinster would be no worse off in essence and Munster would see a slight improvement Ulster would still remain very competitive.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 971483, member: 2533”]More talk about restructuring the Provincial Championships. I think the idea of assigning losing teams other provinces is ridiculous and a much better approach would be redrawing the borders.

Move Louth to Ulster.
Move London to Leinster.

Connacht would definitely be strengthened, Leinster would be no worse off in essence and Munster would see a slight improvement Ulster would still remain very competitive.[/QUOTE]
:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 971483, member: 2533”]More talk about restructuring the Provincial Championships. I think the idea of assigning losing teams other provinces is ridiculous and a much better approach would be redrawing the borders.

Move Louth to Ulster.
Move London to Leinster.

Connacht would definitely be strengthened, Leinster would be no worse off in essence and Munster would see a slight improvement Ulster would still remain very competitive.[/QUOTE]

That won’t work. The solution is as follows:

Move New York and London to Ulster giving 11 teams. Play to provincial champions.
Play Leinster as normal to provincial champions.
Play Connacht and Munster with a champion emerging in each province. These will then play off each other to reach the same stage as the Leinster and Munster winner.

This effectively creates 3 conferences of 11,11 and 12 teams.
All teams have the same number of games.
The anomaly of a ridiculously soft Munster and Connacht championship is over come.

Feel free to claim this idea as your own, anyone.

[QUOTE=“Appendage, post: 971693, member: 11”]That won’t work. The solution is as follows:

Move New York and London to Ulster giving 11 teams. Play to provincial champions.
Play Leinster as normal to provincial champions.
Play Connacht and Munster with a champion emerging in each province. These will then play off each other to reach the same stage as the Leinster and Munster winner.

This effectively creates 3 conferences of 11,11 and 12 teams.
All teams have the same number of games.
The anomaly of a ridiculously soft Munster and Connacht championship is over come.

Feel free to claim this idea as your own, anyone.[/QUOTE]
this year will likely show Munster to be tougher for the winners than Dublins Leinster title.
What about losers? 2nd Chances?

Its standards that need equalizing, not areas. Thats impossible due to population differences.

Championships based on the leagues, nothing else actually works fairly. We’re too obsessed with the possibility of one-off shocks instead of a fasir and competitive two or three championships. Its nuts.
The truth is neither hurling or football are even proper competitions. Arguably the 1/4’s on in football and semis on in hurling are but its so unbalanced to get there its a farce.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 971741, member: 273”]this year will likely show Munster to be tougher for the winners than Dublins Leinster title.
What about losers? 2nd Chances?

Its standards that need equalizing, not areas. Thats impossible due to population differences.

Championships based on the leagues, nothing else actually works fairly. We’re too obsessed with the possibility of one-off shocks instead of a fasir and competitive two or three championships. Its nuts.
The truth is neither hurling or football are even proper competitions. Arguably the 1/4’s on in football and semis on in hurling are but its so unbalanced to get there its a farce.[/QUOTE]

You can incorporate all the back door crap to run side by side.

Your points are valid and I accept that population splits/ league style comp are the way to go but at the same time there is no point in proposing changes that will never get through.

The GAA doesn’t do radical thinking. My proposal is the way to go. A subtle change, an increase in fairness but allows for far more stream lining.

[QUOTE=“Appendage, post: 971946, member: 11”]You can incorporate all the back door crap to run side by side.

Your points are valid and I accept that population splits/ league style comp are the way to go but at the same time there is no point in proposing changes that will never get through.

The GAA doesn’t do radical thinking. My proposal is the way to go. A subtle change, an increase in fairness but allows for far more stream lining.[/QUOTE]
You are probably right. However it’s going to come soon that Leitrim, Catlow or whoever are just going to say no, we’re not entering a team. It’s too much money for nowt.
Just like the clubs, they are losing decent players due to fixturing, I can see a revolt of some sort somewhere soon enough. We’re placid and apathetic enough traditionally but I believe there has been somewhat of a shift in irish society that demands a but more (some of it good, some bad) and I think radical is possible. Maybe not immediately, but in the next 5-10.

[QUOTE=“Appendage, post: 971693, member: 11”]That won’t work. The solution is as follows:

Move New York and London to Ulster.[/QUOTE]

Great idea :clap: The economic benefits alone would be staggering. You could merge Derry & London and call it London Derry. Stick New York out on Ards peninsula then, similar enough shape.

Not sure whats in it for New York & London but fuck them.

Francie. :clap::clap:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/northern-ireland/28042524

Armagh have failed in their appeals for Mallon, Donaghy and Toner and Rafferty is out with a broken hand. I assume the 11 players available of the 15 that started against Cavan will start today. I’d expect Kernan to replace Donaghy and McKeever to move into the centre. The corner back position is more up in the air, Monaghan are a good physical side and Armagh’s other natural options at corner are quite small - McKeown, Murray and Hughes. I think Moriarty might get the nod at corner back though he’s much more comfortable at wing back. Rafferty’s replacement will probably be Tony Kernan or Mallon, both might actually start with Campbell benched. Harold should step into the void left by Toner though there is the option of shifting Ethan Rafferty out to midfield and starting with Mallon, Kernan and Campbell.

RES Carlow 0-17 Waterford 1-13
RES Tyrone 2-21 Louth 0-10
1500 Cavan 0-07 Westmeath 0-07

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 972388, member: 2533”]RES Carlow 0-17 Waterford 1-13
RES Tyrone 2-21 Louth 0-10
1500 Cavan 0-07 Westmeath 0-07
[/QUOTE]
Cavan won 1-15 to 1-14

Jamie Clarke puts Armagh in front inside 30 seconds