All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

The replay better be televised

Monaghan GAA Twitter says next Sunday for the replay so I doubt it will be.

Armagh are back.

Smashing second half. Thank goodness this game was televised instead of the one-sided dirge in Tullamore.

An epic Ulster football tie. I was right, you were wrong @caoimhaoin

Excellent results for Carlow and Armagh. Waterford put in tremendous effort but many of the best scoring forwards in Waterford are either after packing it in or are hurlers. They can’t score big enough.

How good/poor were Monaghan? Or was it Monaghan tiring or 50-50 all they?

You were indeed, as was i (wrong). Not sure you were really even convinced yourself, but however. Without the 3 players lost Armagh are not as talented as Monaghan (indeed with them either), I don’t think anyone would really argue that. So that shows what a gutsy and brave performance it must have been. Fair play. I’m delighted, if slightly surprised, to have another bona fide competitive team. God knows the gap between the haves and have nots has got ridiculous.

I was convinced, Armagh are a really gritty, gutsy outfit particularly with McGeeney in the backroom team - people can say what they want about him but the guy is a legend in Armagh and him just being involved feeds into the team. I thought Clarke, McKeever and Morgan were sensational yesterday evening.

Armagh are all wrong for Monaghan in that that they are the underdogs but they have the dogged defensive capabilities to hold them. The replay is a 50-50, Armagh will grow from the draw and it should give them a bit of confidence while Monaghan will regather.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 973032, member: 2533”]I was convinced, Armagh are a really gritty, gutsy outfit particularly with McGeeney in the backroom team - people can say what they want about him but the guy is a legend in Armagh and him just being involved feeds into the team. I thought Clarke, McKeever and Morgan were sensational yesterday evening.

Armagh are all wrong for Monaghan in that that they are the underdogs but they have the dogged defensive capabilities to hold them. The replay is a 50-50, Armagh will grow from the draw and it should give them a bit of confidence while Monaghan will regather.[/QUOTE]
I would say he is certainly of motivational value. His ideas on football have been shown to be outdated and too regimental.
However unity and purpose can bring a team a long way. They need to find more scoring forwards or get more out of the rest of them than Clarke.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 973034, member: 273”]I would say he is certainly of motivational value. His ideas on football have been shown to be outdated and too regimental.
However unity and purpose can bring a team a long way. They need to find more scoring forwards or get more out of the rest of them than Clarke.[/QUOTE]

Campbell looks like a good prospect and could take some of the burden off Clarke if he continues to develop, he has a physical presence and is a decent footballer to boot. They lack the firepower for an All Ireland but they can win an Ulster title and I like the character I see from them, they’ve got a toughness and resilience that will ensure they won’t be easily turned over by anyone. Rafferty should be back the next day and he will bring a lot to them, Dyas was another player who I thought was instrumental yesterday and I think he is finally beginning to deliver on his potential and I’d regard him as the best no. 11 in Ulster right now.

We’re gonna batter these Meath cunts. Up the fucking Lillies.
:mad::mad::pint::pint:

I think Kildare will win by 4-6 points.

Safe to say that Meath team won’t line out as selected :o

“Shepherding”.

Fuck off Kevin McStay YUUCOAM.

I have a feeling this Kildare keeper is going to be good fun :clap:

Great to see Stephen Bray back at the top of his game, a beautiful left footed forward, and I think we all know left footed forwards are by far the classiest type.

Damien Carroll at right half back is very interesting placement as shown by that move.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 973065, member: 180”]I have a feeling this Kildare keeper is going to be good fun :clap:

Great to see Stephen Bray back at the top of his game, a beautiful left footed forward, and I think we all know left footed forwards are by far the classiest type.

Damien Carroll at right half back is very interesting placement as shown by that move.[/QUOTE]

Bray is a class act, he must be getting on now?

The Kildare goalkeeper is dire, i would be concerned with him between the sticks for Kildare. Kick out descision making is shit, decisions in general shit as he came rushing out earlier when he had no business doing so.

Debuted in '05, either side of 30 because I remember him playing Junior for Meath as well so may not have come straight from Minor at that.

Niall Kelly should be gone on a black card if the rule was being employed properly. He’d have been a huge loss for Kildare.

Be a disappointment to see O Rourke go off here, but he looks goosed.

Damien carroll is a class playmaker

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 973065, member: 180”]I have a feeling this Kildare keeper is going to be good fun :clap:
[/QUOTE]
Fun would be an understatement, a great shot-stopper but is inclined to act the mickey too.