All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 974837, member: 2533”]No, It wouldn’t. Europe and South America are guaranteed the biggest allocations in the World Cup.

Maybe the best idea would be to run the Provincial Championships off on a league basis with the top 6 from Ulster, top 2 from Connacht and Munster and top 4 from Leinster all progressing through. The top team from all the provinces would then advance to the last 8. The remaining 10 teams would then battle it out for the last 8 positions.

The preliminary draw would see:

Ulster 6th vs Ulster 4th
Ulster 5th vs Leinster 4th

The teams would then be set into the following pots for the open draw:

Pot A:
Leinster 2nd
Connacht 2nd
Munster 2nd
Leinster 3rd

Pot B:
Ulster 2nd
Ulster 3rd
Winner prelim game 1
Winner prelim game 2

The quarter final draw would then see the winners of the playoff games go up against the top teams in each province.[/QUOTE]
You know there are 3 more teams in Leinster than Ukster ya? Yet you want to give Ulster places?
Your opinion of Ulster football is laughable. Ya it’s pretty competitive, but there is only 1, maybe 2 ( but yet to be true ly proven), class teams.
Good-very good teams - Donegal, Monaghan???
Decent sides but missing done vital qualities to be very good - Tyrone, Down, Armagh
Crap - Fermanagh, Cavan, Antrim, Derry

Munster works out close to the same % wise

1. Cork, Kerry
  2. Tipp
  3. Clare, Waterford, Limerick.

I’m all for change, but it needs to make sense.

The thing is the ulster championship gives ulster teams an advantage, extra games is an advantage. If everything is streamlined I think it’s going to expose them.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 974849, member: 273”]You know there are 3 more teams in Leinster than Ukster ya? Yet you want to give Ulster places?
Your opinion of Ulster football is laughable. Ya it’s pretty competitive, but there is only 1, maybe 2 ( but yet to be true ly proven), class teams.
Good-very good teams - Donegal, Monaghan???
Decent sides but missing done vital qualities to be very good - Tyrone, Down, Armagh
Crap - Fermanagh, Cavan, Antrim, Derry

Munster works out close to the same % wise

1. Cork, Kerry
  2. Tipp
  3. Clare, Waterford, Limerick.

I’m all for change, but it needs to make sense.

The thing is the ulster championship gives ulster teams an advantage, extra games is an advantage. If everything is streamlined I think it’s going to expose them.[/QUOTE]

Would you ever fuck off and listen to yourself.

If you go by next year’s league:

Ulster has four teams in Division 1, two in Division 2, two in Division 3, one in Division 4.
Munster has 2 in Division 1, three in Division 3, one in Division 4.
Leinster have one in Division 1, three in Division 2, two in Division 3, six in Division 1.
Connacht have one in Division 1, two in Division two, one in Division 3, two in Division 4 (inc London).

Last year 4 Ulster teams were in the last 8 of the All Ireland, only 4 of them were eliminated in the Championship fully by non-Ulster teams and three of those were eliminated by the semi-finalists (Kerry) and finalists (Mayo). You are some maniac if you are proclaiming Tipperary as being a better side than Derry.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 974883, member: 2533”]Would you ever fuck off and listen to yourself.

If you go by next year’s league:

Ulster has four teams in Division 1, two in Division 2, two in Division 3, one in Division 4.
Munster has 2 in Division 1, three in Division 3, one in Division 4.
Leinster have one in Division 1, three in Division 2, two in Division 3, six in Division 1.
Connacht have one in Division 1, two in Division two, one in Division 3, two in Division 4 (inc London).

Last year 4 Ulster teams were in the last 8 of the All Ireland, only 4 of them were eliminated in the Championship fully by non-Ulster teams and three of those were eliminated by the semi-finalists (Kerry) and finalists (Mayo). You are some maniac if you are proclaiming Tipperary as being a better side than Derry.[/QUOTE]
I think so, but Longford are, that’s for sure.

No serious GAA man references league form.

These guys :smiley:

Ah it can be an indicator, more in football. It’s just preperation of course, but what division you are in can in most cases be a decisive factor in your progress and improvement.

Is your bird finger banging you? Is that what happens these nights when shit makes it out of other pores?

Strong Kerry team named for the weekend. O’Donoghue, Walsh, Buckley and O’Mahony back in.

Very surprised to see Kerry starting as outsiders in this one. Think they’ll take it by 4.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 975335, member: 2533”]Strong Kerry team named for the weekend. O’Donoghue, Walsh, Buckley and O’Mahony back in.

Very surprised to see Kerry starting as outsiders in this one. Think they’ll take it by 4.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know…O Mahoney is a great servant but him back in the team doesn’t look a good sign… his contribution when he came on against dubs last summer was a shouldering match with O Gara off the ball, then he never went to meet Mcmenamin for his goal, instead just kept peddling back in nearer the keeper even though there was no one else to go to Mcmenamin and then he sliced a clearance straight into the cusack stand under no real pressure and from the resulting sideline O gara buried in a goal… walsh was once the lad Kerry fans used to slate every time he stepped on the pitch… now he’s a key player… Buckley is so hit and miss…O Donoghue is a genuine class act… haven’t seen Cork play but if they have anything they should beat Kerry…

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 975335, member: 2533”]Strong Kerry team named for the weekend. O’Donoghue, Walsh, Buckley and O’Mahony back in.

Very surprised to see Kerry starting as outsiders in this one. Think they’ll take it by 4.[/QUOTE]
Is Darran O Sullivan injured or why is he not starting?

I’ve had a sneaking fancy for Kerry for a while. Very low-key and going about things quietly.

Expectations are low and I don’t rate Cork as highly as some. This has all the hallmarks of an ambush. Kerry to win.

[QUOTE=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 975341, member: 1624”]I’ve had a sneaking fancy for Kerry for a while. Very low-key and going about things quietly.

Expectations are low and I don’t rate Cork as highly as some. This has all the hallmarks of an ambush. Kerry to win.[/QUOTE]
That’s the sort of logic that is right once every so often but on all known form and lack of gooch this is Cork’s to lose.

It would be an absolute disaster for Cork were they to lose to this Kerry side. Not even they could manage it you’d feel.

Of all the Kerry backs to go I’m surprised it’s Crowley. They are obviously worried about direct ball to Hurley.
The full forward line is class, but I really think mobility and Power are issues around the middle.
I also think Darren o Sullivan in O Rourke would have been a good idea. JOR is not a natural defender and still learning the role, I just wonder would being made run “both ways” have created a couple of mistakes. Don’t think Donnacha Walsh would do that.

If Cork get motoring for 20+ mins in each half they should win. Selection will be very interesting.

1. Ken O’Halloran (Bishopstown)
  2. Michael Shields (St. Finbarr’s)
  3. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)
  4. Noel Galvin (Ballincollig)
  5. James Loughrey (Mallow)
  6. Thomas Clancy (Clonakilty)
  7. Damien Cahalane (Castlehaven)
  8. Aidan Walsh (Kanturk)
  9. Fintan Goold (Macroom)
  10. Patrick Kelly (Ballincollig)
  11. Paul Kerrigan (Nemo Rangers)
  12. John O’Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
  13. Daniel Goulding (Éire Óg)
  14. Brian Hurley (Castlehaven)
  15. Barry O’Driscoll (Nemo Rangers)

Subs
16. David Hanrahan (Douglas)
17. Jamie O’Sullivan (Bishopstown)
18. Tomás Clancy (Fermoy)
19. Conor Dorman (Bishopstown)
20. Andrew O’Sullivan (Castletownbere)
21. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)
22. Colm O’Driscoll (Tadhg MacCárthaigh)
23. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
24. Colm O’Neill (Ballyclough)
25. John Hayes (Carbery Rangers)
26. Donal Og Hodnett (O’Donovan Rossa)

Colm O Neill in the subs, Cork have quite a lot of talent there in that case. Should win this pulling up against that Kerry outfit.

Interesting changes. That’s a very very physical full back line.
Probably more balance to that side than one with 2-3 playmakers. That forward line should cause Kerry plenty problems.

1. Ken O’Halloran (Bishopstown)
  2. Michael Shields (St. Finbarr’s – Captain)
  3. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)
  4. Noel Galvin (Ballincollig)
  5. James Loughrey (Mallow)
  6. Thomas Clancy (Clonakilty)
  7. Damian Cahalane (Castlehaven)
  8. Aidan Walsh (Kanturk)
  9. Fintan Goold (Macroom)
  10. Patrick Kelly (Ballincollig)
  11. Paul Kerrigan (Nemo Rangers)
  12. John O’Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
  13. Daniel Goulding (Éire Óg)
  14. Brian Hurley (Castlehaven)
  15. Barry O’Driscoll (Nemo Rangers)

Brian Cuthbert and his selectors have made three changes in personnel and a number of positional switches ahead of the Munster Final. Eoin Cadogancomes in at full back, with Thomas Clancy moving to centre back. Damien Cahalane starts at wing back, with John O’Rourke moving to wing forward.Aidan Walsh replaces Andrew O’Sullivan at mid-field and Patrick Kelly moves from centre back to wing-forward. Barry O’Driscoll moves to corner forward, with John Hayes and Mark Collins named in the subs.
Injury update: Kevin Crowley and Brian O’Driscoll are still on the injury list, with Brian returning to training this week. Donncha O’Connor returned to full training at the weekend but was not considered for this game.

Subs
16. David Hanrahan (Douglas)
17. Jamie O’Sullivan (Bishopstown)
18. Tomás Clancy (Fermoy)
19. Conor Dorman (Bishopstown)
20. Andrew O’Sullivan (Castletownbere)
21. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)
22. Colm O’Driscoll (Tadhg MacCárthaigh)
23. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
24. Colm O’Neill (Ballyclough)
25. John Hayes (Carbery Rangers)
26. Donal Og Hodnett (O’Donovan Rossa)
Back to news list[/URL] [URL=‘http://www.gaacork.ie/submitNews’]Submit news[/URL] [URL=‘http://www.gaacork.ie/’]Return to home page

thought Crowley and Griffin looked like the making of a solid spine in kerrry defence against dubs last year… obviously made a few mistakes but for young lads in AI semi final that had such a build up they looked like being 2 strong characters who would only get better…

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 975355, member: 180”]It would be an absolute disaster for Cork were they to lose to this Kerry side. Not even they could manage it you’d feel.
[/QUOTE]
Losers are in easier side of qualifier draw so both will be in the quarter final regardless of Sunday you’d think.

Psychologically, defeat on Sundsy would be worse for Cork than Kerry though.

Griffen isn’t related to an IC footballer scumpot, lacks any pace and has not figured out a way around that.
The decisions seem to be based on training, so it’s very hard for anyone to gauge.

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 975598, member: 48”]Losers are in easier side of qualifier draw so both will be in the quarter final regardless of Sunday you’d think.

Psychologically, defeat on Sundsy would be worse for Cork than Kerry though.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I was speaking from a psychological angle, it would also destroy the Cork hurlers the following week, no doubt.