You read them ya? Cool. Thanks.

1 Like

Did you read it?

Are you a therapist yourself?

get fucked, look at @myboyblue post about zaltan

You got some issues Stan, I think you need some counselin’

dont we all pal

WTF? Are you ok?

do you actually believe that statement you made about zaltan. no bs simple question

The one I made on the soccer thread, that you’re going on and on about on here? Granted, its not the most bizarre shit posted on thist thread today, but still.

1 Like

i got the thread wrong but you made an outrageous statement and yourself and the gowl @carryharry playing dumb. no need to make a big deal out of something that you said stupid on the internet

Link?

I did, I read all of it. I thought it was poor. The writing style was simplistic, and was prone to a tabloid-like tone and assertions of what things should be keying you to socio/psychopath behaviour. Anyone with any experience of academia would treat this sort of thing with the very least suspicion, if not outright disregard.

And no, I’m not a psychotherapist. But neither is the person who wrote the piece. She’s written quasi-psychological books that seem to be nearing the trashy, lowest common denominator end of the scale of books on psychological conditions. Trashy is a convenient segue to host of the article - the website you’re putting forward is also of questionable ethical character and respectability. http://jezebel.com/why-53-writers-have-asked-thought-catalog-to-remove-the-1623468328

Psychology is incredibly complex, and to post up a clickbait article of highly contestable quality and accuracy and to then further compound by claiming “if you have 16-17 out of 20 you’re a sociopath” is absurd.

4 Likes

:grinning: to what you playing dumb (so being a cunt) or the outrageous post about zaltan ?

Why are you talking about Zlatan on the All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 thread?

because im stoned, keep up buddy

3 Likes

Right. We agree psychology is complex. Well done.
Other than that you are talking rubbish.

Its a bridging article. Do you understand what that is?

If we agree its complex, why would you assert that diagnosing a serious psychological condition can be done through totting up the scores of a box ticking exercise?

In what way am I talking rubbish? I’ve outlined the faults I’ve found with the article you’ve posted. Are you saying I’m taking rubbish for a particular reason? Do you contest that the writer has limited bona fides to be holding her up as an authority, or someone who could be believed when making so many unsupported claims? Do you think Thought Catalog is in fact a reputable source in spite of the torrent of negative coverage it receives?

I can’t say I’ve ever come across the term “bridging article”. I can’t imagine any piece of information that is used for bridging purposes would have any credence in serious clinical circles though.

2 Likes

Fella, it was a clinical psychologist who sent it on to me. She was the one who said being 16/17 of them was very worrying. I had given her a short synopisis of dealings i had with someone.

Bridging pieces are scientific articles written for public consumption

I wonder what clinical psychologists would think of fabricating characters and stories in order to give yourself some self-perceived credibility.