All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Even my old lad was saying the same and he’s half blind.
In saying that he hate the fucking dubs!

Donegal fans started booing their team in the last 15 mins when they kept fucking around with the ball in midfield rather than let it in to McBrearty, Murphy and McFadden.

I reckon Rory Gallagher’s time as manager is done at the end of this season. Terrible performance from in failing to react to Tyrone’s changes in the second half.

Anthony Thompson and Karl Lacey were passengers as well today, Christy Toyed had an impact from the bench at least.

I thought it was an odd Ulster final for 55 minutes there was a complete lack of intensity. The atmosphere in the crowd felt like a league game with both teams sitting back, trying to absorb the attacks tcoming at them. They seemed strangled by the fear to open up and play a bit on case they succumbed to a counter attack.

Peter Harte and Ryan McHugh are superb players to watch though.

1 Like

Both championships this year have been absolute bore fests.
Leinster particularly in Football has to be the worst of the provinces considering the amount of counties there. It really is a cakewalk every year.
It shows how bad things are when not one of the provincial finals got a crowd of 35k or more.

In the last few seconds donegal had a sideliner. All they had to do was drop it in and scramble for an under. The giy kicking only had the technical ability fitness and power to kick it 10 yards

1 Like

There is no 35k ground in Ulster though.

Queen didn’t give ye enough money?

Team of The Championship so far:

1. Niall Morgan
  2. Cathal McCarron
  3. Declan Kyne
  4. Marty O’Brien
  5. Ryan McHugh
  6. Gary O’Donnell
  7. Niall Sludden
  8. Eoin Donnelly
  9. Colm Cavanagh
  10. Paul Murphy
  11. MacNiallais
  12. Peter Harte
  13. Danny Cummins
  14. Paul Geaney
  15. Tomas Corrigan

It would have been weird if she built a stadium in Monaghan, Donegal or Cavan in fairness.

Doesn’t serve a purpose really.

Clones is fine for Ulster Championship just the way it is.

No that’s fair enough. And in fairness there was 35k in Clones today.
But it’s a sad thought to think there was only 27k last week in Limerick. Just under 30k at the Leinster, football and hurling finals. I just think that the provincial system has run its course and the GAA need to come up with something soon.

2 Likes

Both championships this year have been a bore? They’ve been bores for fucking years pal. The games are dying, astute observers have been saying it for years.

And to slag off Leinster for being a cakewalk when you’re from Munster where it’s been overrun by Kerry for centuries is a right laugh.

The rest of the Provinces may have but the Ulster Championship has certainly not. It’s up for the other provinces to get their house in order. Leinster in particular, it’s time to tackle the funding Dublin get.

Aren’t you from Clare?

True but for some reason this year has been worse then others.

It won’t be tackled, Dublin have put the men in place to ensure that won’t happen. Laois opened their trap this year and an infographic emerged within days of the funding Laois got. Hasn’t been a similar one done for ANY other county before or after.

I wouldn’t disagree with that

the funding is only a part of it, the preferential refereeing is a bigger issue.

They always had that, even when they were shit.

+1. Quite laughable listening to Martin Carney wondering how the muldoon division 3/4 team couldn’t compete as the game went on with the semi-professional team possessing significant financial firepower.

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like