All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Milled a lad out of it who ran straight at him and jumped into him?

Okay

Galway were very good but hard to read into it as Roscommon are shocking.

2 Likes

+1. That first goal was hilarious. One big welly forward and they’re running through on goal with no defenders in sight.

As I said elsewhere pal, it was hugely agricultural, and all the more enjoyable for it. Like a throwback from a bygone era, or a Junior C game I was watching the other night.

Good shout but I’d definitely have Paul Conroy in one of the midfield slots and Bernard Brogan at 15, good as Corrigan has been. Still not a fan of Niall Morgan either. I think I’d have Kerry’s Brian Kelly in goal, maybe. Gearoid McKiernan might be worth a shout in the half forward line? Conor McManus has to be there too.

Dublin are fucked.

Mccaffrey is home.cant they just ask him back?

He wants more money.

I thought I read last week that he wasn’t due back until August 18th?

Yep.he is home for when the championship starts

6 Likes

Most exciting league in the world.

I was at the game in Castlebar last night. It was entertaining enough, and it was heartening to see Kildare clean a good team out at midfield (learning not to do fuck all with that should be a priority you’d think though). Mayo turned it on when they needed to, and are a couple of levels above, nothing complicated about it. O’Connor was imperious, if Mayo do anything this year, he will be at the heart of it. It felt bizarre hoping they’d lose, almost as if I was betraying my old man. Him roaring at Emmet Bolton to fuck off after he started jostling Aidan O’Shea off the ball put that to bed though.

I’ve seen a lot of criticism of O’Neill on here in the aftermath, saying he’s a busted flush and a spoofer, which I think is off the mark and fails to see where Kildare are at. What was he supposed to do with this group of players? This year was the first step on the road to where we can be, and I’m happy enough with it, all things considered. Promotion was achieved in 6 games which was the overall goal for the year, with next year bringing a step up in opposition. The Wexford game was just utter dross, and the collapse against Westmeath was heartbreaking, but its a reflection of the make up of the team right now: We have a raw, young team with good talent, but almost zero leadership or mental maturity. The few senior players on the panel aren’t leaders, which is no knock against them, its just a personality type that is lacking. With the obvious outlier of the Cork win, these past two years haven’t been great, but I think there’s enough potential there to think the upswing can begin next year.

3 Likes

I thought that was a “good nine point defeat” for Kildare, if there’s such a thing. Never in real contention to win after the half hour mark, but played some excellent football.

I think there’s potential to build a decent team there over the next two or three years. If they could get all the best footballers in the county to commit to the panel rather than wasting their time in Aussie Rules, that would move it along quicker.

They need to sort out the problems in defence. From midfield up is decent, some promising forwards there for a change. Build incrementally like Galway and let the younger players bed in.

Clare vs Roscommon
Derry vs Tipperary

Mayo vs Westmeath
Donegal vs Cork

Do Mayo play Tyrone if themselves and Donegal win ??

Clare
Derry
Mayo
Donegal

That’d make it Donegal v Dublin then wouldn’t it?

Donegal
Kerry
Tyrone

There’ll be no disputes when they win this one. Will they get over Donegal without Connolly?

Teams who can win the All Ireland
Tyrone
Mayo
That’s it

Next year
Galway
That’s it