All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Very exciting football there - two of football’s minnows in Clare and Tipperary into the quarter-finals for the first time ever - Joe Brolly’s Vibrant Cup is not wanted.

Some results for Clare and Tipp today. I’ve said it before, the football championship kicks all manner of shit out of the hurling for drama and romance.

2 Likes

Tyrone beat Derry and Fermanagh to make the 2004 All Ireland QF.

Fermanagh and Derry made the AI SF that year.

Unlike previous years they’ll earn this all Ireland.

I completely made that stat up in the hope somebody wouldn’t waste their time to see if it’s true.

That’s the first two of the four quarter final slots from the qualifiers filled by Munster sides. Munster guaranteed highest representation in the 2016 quarter finals with at least three. It will be four of the six Munster counties in the quarter final if Cork beat Donegal next week.

I call bluffs, that’s what I do.

How many non division four sides did ulster teams beat in the qualifiers this year?

Waterford the only Munster county to be knocked out of the championship by a non Munster county. It is still possible that 66 percent of the Munster participants make the all Ireland qualifiers.

Why aren’t Clare and Kerry kept apart?
This A and B side of the qualifiers is bullshit. Shouldn’t be any repeat encounters, if possible, till the Semis.

2 Likes

Down and Monaghan knocked out by Longford
Armagh knocked out by Laois twice
Derry knocked out by Tipperary
Antrim knocked out by Limerick

Longford and Laois have never won an All Ireland. Longford’s sole Leinster title was in 1968 and Laois only one Leinster title in 70 years.

Limerick haven’t won a Munster title since 1896 and Tipperary haven’t won Munster since 1935.

1 Like

Clare have never feared Kerry since 1992.

What’s the head to head like since 1992 mate?

It can’t always be summer mate.

How many teams from the top two Divisions have Munster sides beaten?

Fantastic result today for both Tipp and Clare. I’m delighted for both sets of supporters.

Don’t think you needed to use “sets of” there mate

4 Likes

Seething.

What has league form in bogs in February and March suddenly got to do with it? Weight of number in the quarter finals you’ve repeatedly told us is the barometer to be used for assessing the strength of the respective provinces.

Tipperary (Division 3) have beaten Cork (Division 1) and Derry (Division 2)

Clare (Division 3) have beaten Roscommon (Division 1) and Laois (Division 2).

1 Like

Huh ??