All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Kerry v Clare and Tipperary v Galway double header in Croke Park on the Sunday of the August bank holiday weekend should draw a huge crowd.

2 Likes

I would suggest you take the relevance of league form up with the person who brought it into the equation, mate.

1 Like

Was just going to post something similar.

Doing well to get 20,000 I’d say.

Having said that, I’ll probably go myself

See you there buddy.

2 Likes

That’s the point everyone was making when you were arguing for Ulster teams to be kept apart in the qualifiers based on results over a very specific set of years where statistics suited your argument.

Seeing as most of them lost to non Ulster teams this year (all of them bar Cavan is it?) do you still think that Ulster teams should be kept apart in the qualifiers?

Why not keep all teams from the same province apart though?

Nobody offered a good reason to me for it other than fear.

The provincial draw is stacked. Kerry are in an All Ireland semi by virtue of beating Clare and Tipp.

Munster teams can only beat what they play. Waterford the only Munster team to lose a game v non Munster team.

1 Like

Two teams in the last 8.

1 Like

Two other teams that have made it to the quarters, can’t ask any more than that, Clare even defeated one if the best teams from Division 1 today.

No one used fear as a basis for the argument other than you.

1 Like

I suspect all this shows is that apart from the top tier of 4 or so teams, everyone else is pretty much on the same average level or below. The quarter finals will tell us where things stand. Good for Clare and Tipperary who have put in huge work to get up up to this level. We’ll see from here.

9 Likes

+1

Spot on.

The Munster lads who’ve probably never attended a football match are getting awful worked up trying to stick a knife in here. The structure of the championship allows these anomalies to happen. Great to see some new teams getting to August but they’ll not be getting beyond that.

Only two teams get beyond August.

2 Likes

Gary Brennan was barely able to run in the last twenty minutes today after exertions of last few weeks. I think Kerry will open Clare’s holes in Croke Park next weekend. Great achievement for Clare to get to the quarter finals, especially without recent underage success of note, but a pity they won’t get to play and get comfortably beaten by someone outside their province.

2 Likes

And he said none of these new teams will.

Should I also tell him that sometimes semi final replays get played in September?

Dont overburden the chap, one revelation a day is enough.

@myboyblue is cleaning house here.

The move away from Newstalk has really benefitted his posting style

5 Likes