All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Did I say you did say that about Ulster hurling? Nope.

The point I am making remains the same, those counties which I have mentioned are far more dual than any in Ulster again with the exception of Antrim.

I’ll agree to disagree on the use of hear and here add both may be interpreted with a similar result in this case.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy yes there are dual counties listed, in your opinion they may not be dual counties but it is simply a fact, to say otherwise is to simply be contrarian for the sake of it.

Jack McCaffrey officially joins Rory O’Carroll as a non-participant in Dublin’s 2016 championship campaign.

Meath being fifth from bottom on this is notable. For a county that should have a lot of advantages - ie. a big population, close proximity to Dublin with knock on advantages such as relative economic strength and players not having to move to the far end of the country for work etc, they’re punching seriously below their weight in senior football these days.

What the fuck are carlow spending their money on? It’s must be the lads on the county board because it’s not the county teams.

Hurlings far more expensive and those Munster counties are a lot more serious about football than those Ulster counties are about hurling.

1 Like

Id reckon Kerry invest more in their hurling than any Ulster counties bar Antrim maybe.

Big loss but probably not as big as O’Carroll. I’d imagine they have much more ready made replacements for McCaffrey than they do O’Carroll.

1 Like

Hmmm. I wouldn’t be so sure. Don’t forget Ger Brennan is also gone, Kevin Nolan too.

Dublin’s defence this year is looking ropey enough on paper.

Other areas of the pitch may not be as strong also. Alan Brogan is gone, Flynn and McAuley may have passed their peak already and Bernard Brogan is 32.

Things are already shaping up nicely for another All-Ireland semi-final ambush by a team playing in green and gold.

Dublin will still be favourites but I wouldn’t have a strong feeling for them this year, McCaffrey and O’Carroll are big losses and defending a title is extremely tough as the stats will tell you. They do have the likes of Mannion back and possibly O’Gara back at a later stage, so I don’t think the loss of Alan Brogan will be felt too badly. You’d expect Costello to kick on this year as well.

I can’t see Kerry beating them though, I think Donegal/Tyrone/Mayo are the only teams with the game to beat Dublin. Monaghan could probably give them a good game of it too.

Costello and Kilkenny a year older too.

Things are looking Down.

If Down GAA was a horse, they’d be putting a bullet in it’s head.

Sad to see but you can definitely write them off for the next 7/8 years.

I remember this from last year, explaining the current situation of the 2010 team that lost to Cork.

Dublin winning the AI this year would actually be a significant achievement. Everything is pointing to them missing out.

They have lost 3 key players now. I wouldn’t under estimate Alan Brogans influence both on and off the pitch. And ROC is a huge loss. As well as hunger etc.

Seems to be no issue up front with Costello starting to grow into his promise.

I think its Mayo or Kerry. Kerry have injury issues but they have a very deep squad and again are finding a few gems like Brendan O’Sullivan. The 2-3 years of proper S&C is really showing now also. Darren O’Sullivan has sorted his issues and looks in great nick. Middle of the road players like Peter Crowley seem to be standing up and a new leadership has emerged. Still suspect at the back and Griffen is not the answer at no.3 but they have been weaker and won All-Irelands.

Mayo obviously are not to be trusted. I just have a feeling about them. They are starting later and i think that suits them. That may have a bit more class up front now as well.

1 Like

O’Gara and Mannion back though. They’ll still cruise through Leinster and have the best panel of players at their disposal.

Lolz, you are a bluffer

Forwards though. Not a weakness.

Cian O Sullivan getting injured would be the end.

I wouldn’t go that far. Dublin have by far the best squad of players and are more prepared for injuries and unavailabilities. They can wrap any key players up in cotton wool until August in any case.

They would not have won last year without COS. He is critical.

Big claim to make. He was not 100% fit and they won very comfortably last year. Obviously a key player but I think you are overstating his importance. Dublin have the best panel of players and that’s why they will be fancied, strongly. I can’t see Kerry beating them at Croke Park, their best hope is one of Donegal, Tyrone or Mayo take care of them before then.