All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

It’ll be shadow boxing for Dublin until the quarters. Then we’ll see if they’ve found and answer to the full back query. They’ll find workarounds but you’d feel a good full
Forward could cause trouble. Plus there’s the issue to two in a row and how it’s proven historically difficult.

Of course, I think Dublin will be vulnerable but they will still be rightly strong favourites this year. The strength of their team and the ease of passage through to the last 8 are the reasons for that.

1 Like

I’m hearing that Conor Mortimer is rejoining the Mayo panel

:eek:

:grinning:

1 Like

‘Mayo won’t win an All Ireland without Conor Mortimer’

• Conor Mortimer

Return Of The Mort
(dedicated to Mícheál Jackson)

Oh, oo-o-oh, come on, ooh, yeah
Well I tried to tell you so (yes, I did)
But you didn’t want to know, as I said the story goes
Horan, now I got the flow
'Cos I knew it from the start
Horan, when you broke my heart
That I had to come again, baby, I’m the real deal

(You lied to me) all those times I said I’d win you Sam
(You lied to me) yes, I tried, yes, I tried
(You lied to me) even though you know I’d die for Mayo
(You lied to me) yes, I cried, yes, I cried (for myself)

(Return of the Mort) it is
(Return of the Mort) come on
(Return of the Mort) oh my God
(You know that I’ll be back) here I am
(Return of the Mort) once again
(Return of the Mort) pump up the world
(Return of the Mort) watch my locks flow
(You know that I’ll be back) here I go

So I’m back up in the game
I get the scores, I got the bling
Letting all the people know
That I’m back to run the show
'Cos what you did, you know, was wrong
And all the nasty things you’ve done
So, Horan, listen carefully
While I sing my come-back song

(You lied to me) ‘cos you said you’'d never drop me
(You lied to me) but you did, but you do
(You lied to me) all these pains you said I’d never feel
(You lied to me) but I do, but I do, do, do

(Return of the Mort) here it is
(Return of the Mort) shamone
(Return of the Mort) don’t you know
(Return of the Mort) in green and red
(Return of the Mort) I wrote a book
(Return of the Mort) gonna fly off the shelves
(You know that I’ll be back) loadsamoney from Parnells

(You know that I’ll be back) I AM Mayo

(Return of the Mort) here it is
(Return of the Mort) shamone
(Return of the Mort) I’m as baaaad as Jacko
(Return of the Mort) in green and red
(Return of the Mort) I wrote a book
(Return of the Mort) gonna fly off the shelves
(You know that I’ll be back) loadsamoney from Parnells

2 Likes

Is Brendan o Sullivan from Valentia?

Yes

1 Like

Bump.

Now that the league has been finished time to start the Championship thread for 2016. Dublin are looking good to retain Sam. After yesterday I cant see Kerry challenging, they will get to the Semi finals. I think it will Tyrone that will be the biggest challenge this year to Dublin.

Mayo don’t have the mentality to get over the line and Donegal seem to be regressing. Be interesting to see how they go in Ulster. Cant see anyone else challenging.

Can we not just use this thread?

No

@bandage, please administer an infraction here, a temporary ban may be in order perhaps.

Leinster looks particularly easy this year for us Taz.

Yep. Kildare are a disgrace. Meath are not much better. Even though Wicklow might put it up to us in Nowlan Park. :slight_smile:

Tomas O’Sé had a cut off everyone including his brother today

Other than the cutting there isn’t much to the article other than “must be better”.

Funny how when Kerry needed scores yesterday it was back to the same tired, long ball to Donaghy with Cooper looking to pick up the breaks. I realise JOD is injured, but its been failing against the big teams (Tyrone and Dublin) since the “twin towers” were snuffed out by the McMahon brother way back when, surely there has be to another option?

Saying that, Donaghy was fouled repeatedly in the second half yesterday, but I suspect he’s pissed off too many referees with his moaning at this stage and doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt anymore. The last one however, was complely comical, he was absolutely assaulted by 3 Dublin players, yet still caught and almost controlled the ball one handed. He’s still a weapon, but some of the balls into him yesterday were dreadful, one from O Connor hilariously bad.

The second half was very scrappy yesterday and I wasn’t overly impressed with either of them. Dublin’s bench was the difference. They are a well oiled machine it has to be said.

Fitzmaurice has said there was rape and pillage going on in the full forward line :grinning: Kerry were cynical as fuck yesterday (as they have been for yonks) and it’s no harm for them to get a dose of it. He seems to have a set against Tommy Walsh who’d be well suited to that game you’d imagine.

I wouldn’t write them off yet, but it’s an aged back line to be competing the way the game is currently played.

The no frees to Donaghy is getting a of attention in reports today. It might actually change things come summer which would be a huge boost to Kerry, Mayo and Donegal. They’re changing the rules to encourage high fielding but actually enforcing the rules when Donaghy, O’Shea and Murphy are standing at full forward would have a far more beneficial impact on the game -and would probably be the biggest threat to dublin’s preeminence.

Kerry still look a long way off Dublin. How Walsh is not getting in the team is beyond me, Fitzmaurice seems to be cutting off his nose to spite his face there. Moran doesn’t seem to have ever scaled the heights of his performances in the two games against Mayo two years ago either.

This is a very strange one. How long is he back now? He warmed up the entire game, looks a fine specimen of a man, but still no game time. He must be back nearly 3 years, and whatever injuries he’s had are surely cleared up by now. If he’s not fit for purpose, then whats the point having him in there when other younger fellas like Daly could potentially get game time? He’s stayed remarkably quiet during the entire thing also.