All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Is it 7 Junior club footballers on that squad Kev?

Good morning God.

2 Likes

6 Junior A and 1 Junior B.

What i saw of Histon so far would not indicate IC ability.

1 Like

Good Morning God.

I’m enthusiastic.
I’ll bring the little fella for a good walk this morning before I head into town for a few pints and see Celtic v Barca. Its my last day out as I leave the drink behind today until the new baby arrives.

I’m infectious.
After a heavy head cold last Sun to Wed, the little fella now has snots everywhere and the wife is fit to kill me cos she didn’t sleep the other night for all her coughing and spent yesterday drinking honey and lemon.

4 Likes

Your enthusiasm is infectious pal.

3 Likes

He’ll fit in well with the rest of our corner-backs.

Has @mickee321 or his oul fella an opinion on Histon?
Was Derek Barrett the last Cobh man to play for Cork? I can’t recall others but feel I’m forgetting someone

Mick Daly pulled off a remarkable transfer to play Football for Nemo and then Cork but he was a Cobh hurler. Despite Cobh being a dual club.

Hardy cunt, scored a point off him in intermediate league one day and he absolutely fucking nailed me 3 times before half time. All fairly too, but he did take the wind out of me and then spent the whole 2nd half bombing forward. Was a lesson.

An indication too of Nemos strength was on that day on their 2nd team they had 5 lads who played Cork senior before or after. Daly, Geary, Niblock, Masters and Sean O’ Brien.

1 Like

Mick was an army man I think?
It’s rare enough you’d play a Nemo adult team without a couple of former Cork players, at leadt it wad true up to a few years ago. outstanding club in that regard.

Knowing Mickee, he almost certainly thinks he is a cunt.

I saw Histon play Minor Hurling for Cork and he looked decent. No nonsense corner-back. Don’t know about his football quality however.

Tadgh MacCarthaigh is not a club I’m familiar with. Can’t be too many instances of 3 brothers playing on a county football team at the same time.

Tipp to bate Galway tomorrow.

1 Like

Based in Caheragh.

More than you’d think I’d bet.

I assume some people can confirm these but off top of my head

Delaney’s of Laois
Kellys of Laois
Brogans of Dublin
O Sé’s
O Shea’s of Mayo
Meehans

Am sure I’m forgetting some obvious ones and some there potentially never lined out in the same game.

How many Spillanes were there in the Kerry team back in the day?

1 Like

Tom Mick and Pat is all.

1 Like

O’Driscolls Cork

That’s where this topic came from mate.

Three Browne brothers played for Cork but Richard preceded the others by a few years.

2 Likes

Do they play hurling in the city?

Sorry chief. Didn’t go back far enough in the thread. My bad