All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Declan Browne, I think it may have been discussed on here before briefly

Could you imagine being an RTÉ mic jockey outside Croke Park today and happening across Eddie, gold star for that fella.

1 Like

A gas bastard…

Fair play to Tipp, the cunts. 2 senior semi finals and a minor semi final to come. That’s some going.

6 Likes

Its an amazing achievement. From a financial point of view, to do what they’ve done, and still fund the underage football and hurling structures, while keeping a top end senior hurling team as well, its astonishing really.

4 Likes

Best day I’ve ever had supporting tipp in both codes and all grades. Come down to ryans in Camden st

#hoppin

5 Likes

Days like today are why they invented the championship. I’ve followed tipp in both codes and grades for 20+ years religiously in league and championship. Best day ever.

Only knocking Cody off his per perch could beat this​:blush::blush::blush::blush:

4 Likes

Modern society.

You need strong leadership, real expertise and a long term plan. Killkenny.

Bumped for @ciarancareyshurlingarmy.

Where there is a will…

You’ll do fuck all with cunts telling you its impossible.

You’ll do even less without funding and structures.

Tipp obviously decided they could and they would.

Yip. Patience and forsight is important too.

Great will there though, alot of the less successful counties would throw the towel at it with the loss of stars they have had.

Hey kid. That’s down to the structures put in place by Mr Barry O Brien.
Barry made it happen. He organised for quality coaches and facilities to be made available all over Tipp.
They all laughed when he said 2020 was the year for Tipp to win the football.
Barry wasn’t too far wrong.

9 Likes

Congrats pal, a serious performance. Who is this Barry o Brien?

I didn’t see today’s games but I’m stunned by the Tipperary-Galway result. I thought Tipp looked harmless enough against Kerry and even in winning against Derry last week.

Former co board chairman. He was largely unimpressive, but had a vision for football in Tipperary. Can’t remember exactly his calendar tenure. It’d have to be mid 90s.
I must send him a congratulatory text tomorrow. Although I might still have an 088 number for him.

1 Like

Fair play to him, ye are a genuine dual county now.

Them lads have played minor and lost a dirty scrappy game to Tyrone 2 years ago. I genuinely don’t know why they’re written off time and time again.
Maybe it’s the hiding they got off of Kerry that would make people believe that they’re punching above their weight.

They’re still a bit naive and while their commitment to attacking football is great to see more ruthless and cynical teams like Kerry and Tyrone will exploit them. I’m not taking from today but Galway were dog shit, had no leaders and their ultra defensive mind set fucked them from the off mentally. Anyway, it’s Tipperary’s day and they can only beat what’s in front of them.

1 Like

This is definitely, probably, one of the greatest days, in Tipperary GAA circumstances

7 Likes

Tyrone for Sam

Galway thought they only had to turn up.

2 Likes