All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Thats life. The stronger are just strong. Its up to everyone else to match it.

It’s not as simple as that, disparities in population, finances etc will always mean that the likes of Leitrim, Roscommon Carlow etc. will never match it.

Say Longford drew Dublin in the 1st round in Leinster, they could come through four qualifier rounds to be fucked into a group with Kerry, Tyrone and Galway. They would be just canon fodder and no-one would go to see these matches.

Thats exactly what i an saying will help them. And they won’t get thru qualifiers if they are that far off the oace. The 2nd and 3rd tier will come thru. Not the lowest ranked. If they are good enough to qualify they are good enough to learn.

Imagine a group game at home to Dublin. Would be huge for football in the county.

You are taking the worst possible view of this.

The league based qualifiers were a disaster in hurling. The sport isn’t competitive enough for them. Maybe it’ll work in football, the GAA is culturally inclined towards do or die championship fare. The further you stray from that the less interested people are. Maybe attitudes will change with time.

1 Like

Not really, if the solution for reinvigorating a stale championship is to play more meaningless matches to the detriment of club players and weaker counties then I’m against it.

If you take this year for example then, Tipp lose heavily in a Munster Final, beat Derry in their qualifier and then are in a group with Dublin Galway and Donegal/Mayo. They beat Galway, so what they will be hammered in their other two games (public apathy, not my opinion), no semi-final appearance, no real fillip given to the sport.

2 Likes

If there are no replays, what will they do if the match is still a draw after extra time?

Ask Frank

Shouldering contest

3 Likes

I read something about Golden Score extra time

Members of the teams county board will play an 18 hole play off on a neutral golf course the following day.

11 Likes

Dublin continuing to name dummy teams I see

Please put these ills in order of seriousness.
-Naming a dummy team for the papers in a hobby sport.
-Organising to have a load of your friends and colleagues/clients robbed.
-Disgracing your country by failing a drugs test on the eve of an Olympics

1 Like

All punishable by death

3 Likes

Bringing young lad to game today so will park at Mater Hospital (pre-booked)
I see a few lads have mentioned this before but can’t see a review of any trouble getting in or out after the game
I will pass on my experience for the Galway lads travelling to the hurling final in September

1 Like

Confident @Nembo_Kid ?

I generally park up between Iona Road/Whitworth and use the excellent Dublin Parking Tag to refresh if needs be. Generally can’t go too far wrong.

1 Like

Does O’Connell School still do car parking? €8 the last time I parked there.

It does but takes a while to get out after a match

Very. McAliskey to have a field day.

1 Like

The Dart to Connolly/Clontarf or Dublin Bus to Five Lamps does me these days anyway.