All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Hey @myboyblue how did James Mccarthy play today?

It feels so good to be right.

Here ya go @myboyblue. In case your gold fish brain forgot.

People shouldnt be surprised that Donegal didn’t throw caution to the wind after the sending off. They are a team who are slaves to a system and to be fair that system has served them well. Even up to the end pre Mannion goal they were still in that and that’s what they have to hope for against the machine they were facing. The horse has bolted with regards going balls out in a game.

Two decent games, in context of the modern game, which is a cunt.

1 Like

Andrews point by the way, Jesus.

McManamons one was good too but if ever a fella threw a leg at it.

For the second season running Ulster are the first province to have all their Representatives tknocked out off the all Ireland championship.

3 Likes

Roscommon would have won Ulster this year

The mock seriousness in the sky studio when other people are talking is gas.

2 Likes

Could be botox too?

1 Like

An element of tipping the hat to Mickey Harte for past services the most recent of which are nearly a decade past at this stage. The childlike innocence of the deluded/non-objective like @tallback and @Nembo_Kid that this Tyrone team were All Ireland contenders was touching.

1 Like

@TheUlteriorMotive a roller coaster for Crokes players today, great to see Mannion back on his game but that was unforgivable by O’Sullivan.

1 Like

I thought Dublin were brilliant today up until Connolly’s sending off and then I don’t know what happened. Fair play to Donegal as well. Ryan McHugh is one of the best footballers in the country.

Rochford showed his quality in the other game but the quality dropped in the second half, particularly from Tyrone. Well done Mayo though. Their big players delivered - Keegan, O’Shea and O’Connor.

3 Likes

Lee keegan scored two beautiful points today

1 Like

Good assesment. Alot of the style match ups make gaelic more like soccer now. Tit for tat attacks and any goal can be devisive. I felt Mayo were bar 15 mins in the middle and the crazy injury time, clearly the better team. Tactically it was a clear win for Rochford. Tyrone did not lack endeavour but they are too drilled. They lack imagination. I wonder what some of them might be like in another county, i would suggest better.

Andy Moran is a credit to himself. He has had so many set backs but has never lost the appetite or indeed his skills. Many similar players would have just faded away as he wasn’t the type to be an automatic when fit like say a Gooch.

Speaking of Gooch, it was suggested to me last week he was fit to play against Clare and is just not playing well at all. I think he will be a liability against Dublin anyway.

2 Likes

Good point on Moran. He had an excellent first half, faded a bit which is understandable.

1 Like

When it mattered as well.

Got the better of Sean Cavanagh as well from a defensive point of view. But that was an excellent match up by Rochford.

He’s a top player.

3 Likes

Gooch is a shadow of himself at the moment, mileage and that injury, combined with the modern game and less space have robbed him of a huge amount. No shame in that either I suppose. Forwards most likely won’t be Kerry’s problem, as has been the case for some years now the issues are further back.

The questions over Fitzmaurice are getting louder and the semi final is huge for him and this Kerry team as it is currently made up.

I agree with both you and Farmer re Moran, he’s a model player.

Re the semi final, it’s early days, but Mayo are a belligerent side this year and will be very hard stopped, by anyone.

2 Likes

I think the big thing with Mayo today is that Rochford showed he has what it takes. That was the big question mark up to now.

Last year’s AI final was about as bad as I ever saw a Kerry team play and that can’t have gone down well in the Kingdom. There are some really superb players in that Kerry side and I think Fitzmaurice is a shrewd coach.

But fuck me If it all clicks for Dublin, which it may well do, no one has a hope. They always had the quality - their Achilles heel was their naivety defensively. The latter has completely disappeared.

2 Likes

Really? Didnt see the game today but the newstalk lads were far from impressed with some of the Mayo tactics and were taking the piss out of Rochford. Even the fact that Mayo did their best to bottle it in the last few minutes and coughed up a few scoring chances shows they arent all there.

Jaysus you’re all about newstalk again pal? What changed?

Actually, dont answer that.

I was putting a kids bed together and The game wasn’t on RTE radio. I had no choice. Btw, I think Mossy Quinn has developed into an excellent analyst.