All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Tyrone less so…but I’ve taken some stick for Kilkenny catching the ball at the end and running like Usain Bolt towards Cluxton.

Negative defensive Dublin???

Why would Dublin bother playing to score when winning with Donegal having 13 men in their own 45.

2 Likes

I don’t know how people can claim it was a tactical masterclass from Mayo. They conceded the chances and opportunities for Tyrone to win that game but Tyrone just weren’t good enough to take them.

The won by a point and the only clear goal chance fell to McAliskey, the only other half chance for a goal fell to McAliskey with the long ball over the top where he was an inch or two away from getting a hand on it. We struggled on frees and our composure and decision making from certain players was very poor as backed up by our wide tally.

Mayo deserved the win as they showed more composure than us with the chances they had. That’s it until next year.

2 Likes

Sending off was disastrous. Dubs could handle it, just about, albeit against weaker opposition. Tyrone couldn’t.

Tyrone reminded me of Dublin under Pillar Caffrey…will give you plenty of days out but they’re just not there, just not good enough.

1 Like

Mayo been best team in country in July and August a few times now over last decade and it got them no where. Save your best for September. Definitely look to be building more gradually this season. Knowing Mayo though hard to believe they have fully learned from past mistakes!

The irony of the Donegal crowd booing this and they after stinking the place out of it since 2011

1 Like

Unbelievable, between them eejits and Mickey Harye those Ulstermen have the collective memory of a goldfish. I said it yesterday though the tactic of playing keep ball is quite new and needs to be stamped out somehow, it is unbelievably frustrating when your team is at the wrong end of it.

1 Like

Hard luck yesterday mate.

I was quietly confident going in yesterday. I couldn’t understand how Tyrone were favourites against a team who have been consistently contesting All Ireland finals and semi finals in recent years.

Yes, Tyrone missed a few scoreable chances but the ref kept them in the game by giving them soft free after soft free. Cavanagh and Keegan was pure handbag stuff before start of second half and a talking to both would have sufficed but when he was on a yellow, it was pure stupidity from Cavanagh to get himself sent off.

Getting back to Keegan, what about those 2 points in the second half ? One from under the Hogan and the winner from the Cusack sideline. Pure class. Can’t wait to see him wind that thug, Connelly up in September.

Maigh Eo Abú.

5 Likes

Huh?

Thought you ditched the duds and reinvented yourself as a longford fan? You ditch them too?

1 Like

Old rating

??

Bro?

Yes mate

Mayo will crush tipp a bit like they did to donegal a couple of years ago

1 Like

Hopefully.

Tipp are a bit like Iceland in the Euros and Waterford in hurling. You’ve done great to get this far but fuck off now and leave the business end of things to the big teams.

Only if they don’t take them for granted. If they go out with the “Sure it’s only Tipp” they’ll be in trouble

I think people forget how truly pathetic galway were,they just rolled over and died,mayo will come out with all guns blazing

Or maybe Leicester.

Why so snarly

They had to. He needed stopping.

The cynical stuff has gone back to the same levels since before black card. Astonishing fuck up by the GAA.

I said this in january and Rochford said they were starting later than normal as well. Clearly something he identified.

1 Like

Here chief I have a question for you. I am not sure if Connolly got a straight red or two yellows yesterday, but for the purpose of my question, let’s assume he is available for selection. Would you pick him? I ask this question, not in terms of his footballing ability because that is clear to see. However his temperament must now becoming a serious issue for the Dubs. I appreciate that he is being “wound up like an alarm clock” by the opposition. But surely the Dubs can’t go on forever having to play the bones of a half with fourteen men. Surely Gavin has a big decision to make here