All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Good and all a forward as Sheehan is he just isn’t suitable to play against Dublin. You need 14 absolute athletes to play the game required to stop them. The major worry would be the older lads at the back can’t hack the pace either. Fitzmaurice hasn’t had to show his hand yet so maybe he has something in reserve considering he knew all year this one was coming

which of them subs would you take onto the Dublin panel as a matter of interest. Anthony Maher probably. Gooch as an absolute luxury off the bench but hes old, Marc O Se possibly but hes old. Sheehan wouldnt have the workrate. rest not good enough

Buckley, in a heartbeat.

I suppose. What’s he bringing to table they don’t already have though?

To their bench? He’s easily the equal of the 5 subs Sid mentioned from Saturday, with the exception of Mannion perhaps.

Perhaps. Hes a v good player alright.

Sid was being harsh (maybe in effort to talk the Dubs down) about their bench I think. Wouldnt be writing likes of Lowndes, O Conghaile, Costelloe off at all are any of them even 23 yet? They also brought Mick Fitzimons off the bench who he didnt include.

Buckley is outstanding. Huge loss to Kerry.

bang on

There’s been a lot of talk since the weekend about the targeting of marquee players following the red cards for Sean Cavanagh and Diarmuid Connolly.

Sean Cavanagh got 2 yellows - one for handbags with Lee Keegan and the other for a high tackle on Seamus O’Shea.

Diarmuid Connolly got 2 yellows - one for blocking Ryan McHugh breaking forward which resulted in the two of them rolling round the pitch holding on to each other and the second for a high tackle on Anthony Thompson.

Basically, both players got themselves sent off and had nothing to do with been targeted.

7 Likes

:rollseyes:

1 Like

i am sick to death of hearing about “targeting” it’s 2016’s “sledging”

Marquee players in every sport are always given different treatment by the opposing defence… hack a shaq for example…these players need to rise above (yes it is hard) but by indulging in the handbags they are giving their opponents exactly what they want and removing themselves form playing effectively.

The amount of whinging that is dogging the game at present is ridiculous, take your loss move on.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Had it been Aidan O’Shea sent off the reaction would have been very different though. I doubt McNamee or McCarron would have got a free pass like Keegan has.

You described Dublin as sitting ducks in the last round and said Donegal had a great chance of beating us. We beat them by 5 points with 13 men.

So forgive us if we dismiss your musings about the semi-final.

100%. I said it earlier on here but never see Brogan losing the plot and no doubt he gets just as much of it

1 Like

Nonsense.

FIFA made moves to protect players like Messi and Ronaldo from this sort of thing, and it’s made the game better. It’s time the GGA started implementing the same measures to protect the likes of Connolly otherwise we’ll end up with constant puke football and the crowds will get even lower than they are at the moment.

Darragh Ó Sé: Tyrone want sympathy – Don’t make me laugh (via @IrishTimes) http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-ó-sé-tyrone-want-sympathy-don-t-make-me-laugh-1.2750925

1 Like

FIFA made moves to prevent hacking players down, these players aren’t being subjected to this.

If they haven’t the mental fortitude to deal with good luck to them. It’s not like targeting is a new phenomenon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc9VY7BKKCw

This type of play doesnt make it puke football, there was little to no targeting in the dirge that was the Connacht final…

1 Like

We want balanced reporting.

If Lee Keegan was a Tyrone player, he would face public lynchings with his track record.

1 Like

:poop::poop:

Darragh had a right cut off the boys there. I’d say him and a few others had a good laugh as they wrote that one over a few pints down in Tralee.