All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Would you ever fuck off. He is as thick as a fucking plank and deserves everything he gets.

Kerry are going after him big style and i believe they may have a real dagger up the sleeve. Has Connolly got a bird?

O’Shea got plenty grief over his dive against Fermanagh, twas hardly ignored. Kavanagh was on a yellow and had been pulled for a (cynical) trip in midfield just before he caught O’Shea high. The tackle that got him the second card shouldn’t be judged in isolation.

He didn’t get plenty of grief, he had RTE media pundits apologising for him around the place, ignoring what a blatant bit of cheating it was.

Aidan O’Shea wasn’t asked to come out and make an apology, instead the cunt still denies cheating.

I actually enjoyed that. The Departed analogy is perfect.

1 Like

He should have penned the same article with Kerry switched for Tyrone when Fitzmaurice talked about Donaghy being raped and pillaged.

He has a dog.

Please NO, not the dog!

Jesus thats a bit harsh, maybe she has a lovely personality.

Not to be drawn into the deep fog of whataboutery you love to indulge in, but is Spillane not an RTE pundit?

http://www.sundayworld.com/sport/spillane-says-oshea-will-regret-dive-against-fermanagh

In any case, they both dived imo, so whatever grief they get they deserved. Which is nothing to do with whether Kavanagh deserved the second yellow or not, but you don’t really want to address that do you?

Some story anyway that has recently surfaced abput a night out in dublin and itay have something to do with Tommy Walsh, or not.

Dessie Dolan called him an opportunist.

Ciaran Whelan asked us to lay off Aidan O’Shea in the aftermath, this was the same guy who looked for Tiernan McCann to make a public apology last year.

It’s very obvious that the act you do is no the problem, it’s the jersey you’re wearing when you do it that is.

2 Likes

I believe Ciaran Whelan is mentally handicapped in some way, so you should allow for that. Best not to take him seriously. Maybe email Ryle Nugent and ask him to get him a job licking stamps instead or something.

Dessie Dolan is on some outreach program.

1 Like

strongtext"Which is nothing to do with whether Kavanagh deserved the second yellow or not, but you don’t really want to address that do you?"

And off he sailed, on the good ship Whataboutery…

1 Like

Saying O’Shea will regret his dive is different to the branding of McCann as a disgrace, calls for him to be banned and requesting he makes a public apology.

Cheating is cheating but the judgement of these incidents are influenced by what jersey the perpetrator is wearing.

Agreed. The rest of the post is more Whataboutery. Sail on there Capt Nembo :sailboat:

And whataboutery is important in terms of balance.

One player gets slated and his reputation dragged through the mud for cheating.

Another players has a load of apologists out there trying to justify his actions.

1 Like

Fixed that for you
Nothing of that is anything to do with Kavanagh’s card. Keep sailing.

No, you edited my post because it called out your factual inaccuracies about the different reporting of similar incidents depending on the teams involved.

Which is nothing to do with whether Kavanagh deserved the second yellow or not, but you don’t really want to address that do you?

Sail on mate :passenger_ship:

1 Like

@Nembo_Kid is 100% correct. There is an obvious double standard by TSG panelists and the greater GAA media in general. McCann got crucified and Cavanagh before him.

There are only nominal murmurs of disapproval when players from more favored counties, O Shea and Connolly being two prime examples, have been caught out. It’s very much shake your head in a serious manner, tick that box, and move on quick whereas you practically had them calling for McCann and Cavanagh to be tarred and feathered, or whatever the modern day equivalent is.

It’s a clear double standard and exposes them for bias and general cuntishness. Sickening all round to be honest.

2 Likes

You must have imagined regarding whether I made a point on Sean Cavanagh being deserving or not of a second yellow card.

The only point I have made here is about the differing commentary on similar incidents depending on what jersey the protagonists are wearing. You have then sought to bandy about the term “whataboutery” when examining the differing reactions to similar incidents and how they tend to vary, not on the incidents themselves but on the person/team who carried them out.