All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

O’Shea didn’t dive mate

He did, mate and he’s done it before too.

2 Likes

The original post was by @thedancingbaby in relation to the alleged targeting of Kavanagh and the accurate detailing of the actual offences for which he was sent off. You immediately went off on some whataboutery tangent about Aidan O’Shea. I did indulge this partially by commenting upon O’Shea getting grief about his dive and backed up same(you ignored that with more whataboutery). The main thrust of my post was that Kavanagh could have gotten a yellow moments before and that the foul he did get the card for wasn’t an isolated one. I’ve brought attention back to that main point quite a few times now:
Which is nothing to do with whether Kavanagh deserved the second yellow or not, but you don’t really want to address that do you?
Your other argument is indeed more whataboutery.

He didn’t mate. There was clear contact.

Did he go down easily - Yes

Did he dive - No

There was no contact.

Aidan O’Shea is a liar.

3 Likes

There was contact mate.

A liar and a cheat

You engaged me mate with a point I didn’t bring up and intend on trashing it out with me.

My point is about the blatant double standards when it comes to discussing similar actions by differing teams and individuals. You tried to argue this, you got specific examples showing you how your case didn’t add up, now you are trying to drag me into a debate I’ve not stated an opinion.

Whataboutery is usually the term people use when they only want to look at one side of the argument.

There was no contact, it was a dive and O’Shea has the gall to lie about it.

1 Like

Just like your views on the media are influenced by which side of the border they are from

My views on the media are based on the blatant double standards they operate with.

Seeing Ciaran Whelan going from crucifying Tiernan McCann one week to defending Aidan O’Shea a year later for similar incidents is a prime example.

The reaction to a few scuffles between Tyrone and Donegal last year to the reaction between a few scuffles to Mayo and Galway last year is another example.

Brawl in the Armagh/Cavan match two years - slated. Brawl in the Meath/Dublin game two years ago, blown over.

That fat shit Mickey Burke tried to take the head off a Dublin player in Leinster this year in a complete act of thuggery, glossed over. Neil McGee had the Screaming Marys after him for bending back a Kerry players fingers.

The bias is naked.

1 Like

Excellent post. Only the wantonly biased could fail to see the double standard, it’s quite blatant and even more pathetic

You completely avoided what i said

I did not.

I explained why my views on the media are not judged by borderlines but by the blatant double standards they have in place depending of the teams that are involved. I backed this up with specific examples.

You did. Carry on.

You are kinda funny at this stage

Whataboutery is a whirlpool of despair and obfuscation from which no debate can escape. “But what about, but what about, but what about…” Fear ye all who sail there :motor_boat:

You’re an awful man @Lazarus

Why are you so concerned with O Shea? You’re from Dublin aren’t you?

I think he’s from Leitrim

I am, yes