All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

I don’t remember any commentators going on like that.

Tyrone are a very vynical team in general. Other teams are close to that at times. Do some southern media over do the tyrone stuff? Ya. But its all a pain in the hole at this stage. It should be used for motivation and nothing else. Mickey Harte seems to use the media when it suits him.

How is diving worse than pulling and dragging

Both cyclical moves designed to gain an advantage

If I was manager I would be putting laxatives in water bottles to share with opponents and telling my lads to spit it out *

• I deny I would actually do this as it may be a criminal offence
1 Like

You don’t?

Dessie Dolan refused to call it a dive after it happened on air, instead he said it was opportunistic from O’Shea. It was all awkward silences from Burns and Dolan in studio as they did not want to slate O’Shea.

Ciaran Whelan on the Sunday Game the following night talked about the need for us to lay off Aidan O’Shea. This was the same guy who last year said Tiernan McCann should come out and make a public apology. There was no talks of bans, disgrace, apologies and bad smells when it came to Aidan O’Shea from the media commentators.

I think Harte has every right to feel aggrieved at the meddling of the media, Aidan O’Mahony dragged Paudie McNulty down in the square last August and McNulty became the first player to be booked for simulation in the game. Tiernan McCann became the first player to be hit with a provisional ban for simulation in the game after the witch hunt from the media, he had to attend a hearing until the early hours of the morning down in Dublin just days before an All Ireland semi-final.

The meddling of the media certainly has an impact on greater things and that’s precisely the reason why they engage in that.

1 Like

Dessie Dolan and Ciaran Whelan :joy:

McCann should have 12 months

1 Like

He didn’t dive mate. There was contact.

He did go down very easy though

That’s what she said

You’re coming across all Gary Neville here, pal. There can be contact AND a dive. They’re not mutually exclusive. Some Fermanagh chap placed a hand on O’Shea’s waist and he dived forward theatrically.

Separate to this there’s also a relatively new explanation to justify diving when there’s nobody near a player. Divers are said to be anticipating contact.

2 Likes

You are refusing to allow context enter your thoughts and context is everything. McCann was rightly pilloried for being the first man ever to dive in Gaa and the camera angle caught him beautifully the dirty nordie. A year later the general populace has become jaded with the now commonplace diving brought into the game like a virus by Tyrone, the filthy nordies. Becaus of this we don’t hear as much about AOS and his antics. In reality, he’s probably the victim in all this having been conditioned into the horrendous habits brought into the game by Tyrone, the filthy Nordies.

2 Likes

Aidan O’Mahony was the first GAA player to dive mate.

Sweep Sweep.

I suppose you could classify McCanns as a back flip alright.

This incident? There’s only one player doing any dragging.

1 Like

Shur he’s already falling over there.

O’Mahony is trying to hold him up if anything

1 Like

Does he suffer from narcolepsy I wonder?

Sweep Sweep.

The Bluehshirts are in denial.

Holding someone up is a foul.

You shouldn’t be obstructing or interfering with a moving player who has the ball.

You said he dragged him down? Make up your mind

I said he dragged him down mate.

You said he was holding him up.

I’m merely pointing out that holding him up is also a foul.