All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Eh, but he obviously isn’t dragging him down in the photo you put up.

I think you might have difficulty understanding the word drag.

McNulty is moving away from O’Mahony who has his hands all over his arm pulling at him. This is some denial, even for a yerra apologist like yourself.

If he was dragging him via the grip in the photo you put up he’d fall backwards though, unless he was diving as a result of said contact?

I think Aidan O’Mahony is a cunt and Kerry are as cynical as any team, if not more so, by the way.

No he wouldn’t and look at O’Mahony’s foot and where it is positioned.

I’d say it’s pretty hard to pull a 15st 6ft4 guy back when he’s running away from you.

So he tripped him rather than dragged him down?

Yeah, a hand on your hip for half a second would send you flying into the air? He dived, mate.

1 Like

It’s even harder to drag him down when he’s in front of you though

It’s not.

You tend to push your body weight forward in order to power through the holding back, thus you can fall when the pressure is released. The added foot in front of you in the direction you move will also help ground you when unbalanced.

O’Mahony was all over McNulty, it was a penalty any day of the week and Deegan in the face of an RTE instigated campaign, made the wrong call.

:joy:

We’ll leave it there folks, I’m off home for the evening

You just need to admit that Kerry have everything handed to them and we’ll leave it at that.

If there’s contact, it’s not a dive imo.

I’m sure Paul Galvin would beg to differ.

:joy:
Christ.

1 Like

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHuU3EdJ1NQ

If I may interject into this debate on the coverage of the simulation of McCann v AOS, I think the difference lies in context within the game and the motive. AOS dived to win a peno, while McCann was doing it to get someone sent off. Right or not, I think there’s a difference in how those are perceived. AOS was capitalizing on an opportunity provided by the defender foolishly putting hands on his hips. I’m not saying he didn’t dive, he did, but the optics were less outrageous and blatant as the villainesque feigning of McCann.

5 Likes

And the O’Shea incident was decisive in dumping Fermanagh out of the Championship while the McCann incident had no real impact on the game.

How is that for optics?

2 Likes

Makes McCann look like a cunt trying to get an opponent sent off for no reason. At least o Shea was trying to win a game.

1 Like

I agree, if you’re looking at which had an effect on the game more, the AOS (probably, its impossible to assess) incident is bigger. But again, that gets lost due to the optics of the individual incidents.

Lovely. So Fermanagh get cheated out of the championship but don’t worry lads, it’s ok because of the optics

2 Likes