All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

this is a different team they’d meet movement and speed wise and mayo are no where near beating them.

Doesn’t matter.

The point is both Tyrone and Kerry in 2008 and 2009 were able to turn their stuttering form around, Mayo can do the same. If they perform like they did against Tyrone they have a chance, I expect them to. They are in the perfect position, being wrote off will be music to their ears I would imagine. I think they will beat Kerry if they meet.

In Mayo’s favour, they are in the final, they will be massive underdogs against whoever they meet in the final and they have plenty to improve on.
Against that they have the weight of their choking history around their necks and I think they are much worse than last years version to date.

I hear they have invited Ciaran Mac back into the panel to train this week.

Liam McHale is also mulling over an invite, while Willie Joe Padden is said to be running laps of Croagh Patrick to be fit for the big day.

Mediocre performance from Mayo yesterday, but that it was still a relatively comfortable win gives an indicator to where the two teams are. To say the 15 minutes before HT were the winning of the game would be a gross understatement. Tipp were destroyed when Mayo went full press on the kickouts, but doing that for 70 minutes isn’t realistic. The two Morans were good, AOS did well whenever he came out the field, but other than that quality performances were scarce. The transition defensive set-up is poor, the player with the ball is being allowed progress completely unchallenged through the middle. This can either lead to them getting in to scoring positions themselves or allow goal chances to develop when the attack gains momentum.

COC did not play well yesterday, and DOC looks fatigued. Doherty took his goal chance well, but other than that he was poor. The management team obviously like the energy and pace he has, which is valuable defensively, but Freeman does more on the ball and the forward unit runs smoother when he’s on the pitch. Durcan is the big weakness in the defence, he’s prone to headless moments and he kills attacks with his decision making and inability to kick the ball. If Barrett and Parsons are fit, they should start with Vaughan reverting to his best position in the half back line.

Into the final anyway. As TUM said, too often Mayo teams have gone into finals with their tails up. They’ll be unfancied no matter who wins on Sunday, but have the ability to beat either of them.

I’d say it’s realistic enough if you’ve the conditioning. It’s Kerry’s only hope next weekend

“Transition”
“Full Press”
“Game IQ”

FFS

It’s the curse that is Mayo’s downfall in finals

There is going to be so much pressure on mayo to win this all ireland that they will collapse under it.

They need to win this more than dublin or kerry.

Pressure from who?

I see new footage has emerged of that Tipp fella punching the Mayo lad in the stomach to get deservedly sent off.
RTE should apologise to the ref for not showing it. Definitely vindicates him

Coldrick is the best referee in the game. Had a fine game on Sunday.

1 Like

Not since they nearly turned Cork over in 89 has there been so little expectation.

Any link to this, bro?

It was clearly visible on one of the replays that was shown the other day. Everybody just seemed to ignore it

1 Like

Bill Maher’s expression leaving the field was evidence enough to see he had struck the player. He was tetchy throughout the game so he obviously just lost the cool. In fairness it was a good call from the umpires to let the referee know but in general the cunts usually ignore that off the ball stuff which is wrong.

It was one of the worst performances i have seen from a decent player in a long time. He had an absolute nightmare.

What age is he?

You did well to see his expression from the stand.

I see there is uproar in Mayo about the scheduling of club matches this weekend.

I can understand why there would be so close to an All Ireland final but for me it just goes to show the utter carnage that is the scheduling of club matches across the country. The GAA centrally needs to get a hold of this and give the club the respect it deserves (and this doesn’t mean playing the matches in the winter time)

Did RTE actually criticise Coldrick for getting it wrong?

Fucking hell

The big screens in Croke Park new to you?

2 Likes